OT. Steam Roller accident

I was intrested and concerned to read last night that a Roller on its way to the rally at St Agnes lost control going down a hill and hit a tree, breaking the front forks and detacthing the front rolls, thus causing the remainder of the engine to topple over. Luckily nobody was hurt, but the roller appears to have been rather badly damaged.

Some minor details at

Ill be intrested to read exactly what happened and see some pictures when it will undobutedly be covered by the likes of Old glory and Vintage spirit..

Reply to
miley_bob

Reminds me of when I was in the RAF, an airfield construction bod...in the days when these were actual RAF personnel rather than contractors.....was hauled up in front of the CO on a charge for doing fifty mph down a hill on a steam roller. Afterwards someone remarked that it was a wonder the thing did'nt shake him off. He replied that it was quite smooth actually...it just flattened all the bumps out !

Reply to
Ivan the Spy

Was browsing the net earlier and came across a picture of the remains of the roller following the accident.

Picture at

Short news report at
Im amazaed that nobody was hurt in the accident.

On a rather sadder note there was another accident during the weekend. This time involving a Mclaren road loco. A passenger on the engine appears to have fallen of the footplate and was sadly crushed to death. A report can be found at

Mike M

miley snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
miley_bob