spin vanes in the flow of nozzle gases.

I was under the impression that you thought my reply was immoral or unethical in the sense that I was providing information that could be used to make something harmful. Jerry asked if I was allowed to post "this stuff", which I took to mean he thought it was wrong to provide information that could be used to make something harmful. Your response to Jerry's post ("but that does not make it correct") gave me impression that you both thought my reply was immoral or unethical in that sense. I guess you were questioning the actual numbers... I think I picked the wrong week to kick coffee.

Dave

Reply to
dave.harper

It was a rhetorical question and I should invent an emoticon for how I felt, after seeing many such replies from others on rmr over the years.

I have only very rarely seen non-public information posted to rmr and mostly from first hand experiences of ex-military persons on items of HISTORICAL note.

There are plenty of websites that go farther into actual guided missile technology and WMD manufacture and delivery.

rmr is tame by camparison.

But mindlessly attacking nonetheless.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yeah, I should have read it when I was more alert. My resolution should be to refrain from reading newsgroups before my morning coffee and after midnight.

Dave

Reply to
dave.harper

after reading this thread, it got me wondering if you had a long thrust motor, say like a E6 or F10, and the thrust was directed through a rotor, such that the thrust made the rotor spin and create lift from the rotor spinning..... sorta like a reverse roton type vehicle... with the rotor assembly at the base..?

the rotor would be sorta like a ring tail below the motor......

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Reply to
Will Marchant

I wonder if there is anyway(I'm sure you eggheads out there know) to determine how much lift would be produced thru such rocket powered pusher fan? How fast would the rotation be? It seems to me that the combination of the thrust + lift generation would be enough to get the thing off the ground?

as far as material, perhaps the actual part that is in the rocket exhaust flow could be made from the same material used by the AT nozzles or that new super plastic casing material used on the AT Limited used rockets? It would last X number of flights and you would replace it ?

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

While something like that might be plausible, you're going to lose altitude -- you're losing energy to friction in the bearings.

Something like that which can actually stand up to the motor exhaust also isn't going to be cheap....

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

I am glad that I got some of you thinking about my question, A second question about the friction of the vains. Is it more than the total friction of fins?

Reply to
rocketdragon