spot putty primer

Has anyone used this stuff?

Supposedly it goes on thick enough to eliminate filling in spiral seams on body tubes.

Also, how heavy is it? Is the convenience trade off not worth the extra weight?

Reply to
NaCl

Most use Elmer's Fill 'n' Finish as a spiral filler. Lightweight, very sandable.

Stones

Reply to
stones

I know, that's why I asked about the weight trade-off.

My question is this--is the spot primer (several coats) is heavier than the Elmer's plus two coats of standard primer.

Reply to
NaCl

sorry- added an extra "is."

Reply to
NaCl

Judging from the weight of a similar sized container of each, I'd say there's no way that spot primer would be lighter than fillnfinish. The spot primer is better for fiberglass adhesion.

Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein