The Discovery Channell show & the state of HPR

Hi all,

Forgive me if this as been addressed already, but did the Discovery channel's coverage of LDRS mention anything about the current state of HPR and its battles with Homeland security? Good coverage of HPR could help.. i figure.

Since I knew the show is going to re-air, I had to watch Rams football & the BBC show "The Office" ( a must see for any office worker BTW).

paulg

Reply to
pmg2003

Nope.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

hmmm.. not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing. Anyway... don't ya think its weird nothing was mentioned? or maybe there is a conspiracy... wink.. wink...

Paul

Reply to
pmg2003

nah.. i didnt say that for Jerry's sake.. I was just poking fun at the HLS office. I did see bits & pieces of the shows last night and thought it was OK.. The best thing about this is: I can have my friends who don't know a thing about HPR or model rocketry watch and learn. The more people know how cool this hobby is the better.

paul

Reply to
pmg2003

THANK GOD!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

:)

Conspiracy? TRA Yes.

Government? Nope. Just dumb brutality with a penchance for love of police state and jurisdiction creep, with an unlimited budget for citizen harassment.

Hi Gene :-)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Perhaps the show was intended to give us a false sense of security :)

Well, let's try this on for size while I'm setting up sanity checks for the numbers in "Operation Big Bad Van"...

Given the anount of wrong information in the program, and the BATF's very well known propensity for only showing others they want others to see... how could they use what _was_ shown?

What would they edit out, what would they leave in, and what would they show lawmakers saying "It was on the Discovery Channel! It MUST be true!"...?

A listing of errors in the program could be useful later for more than one reason...

If paranoia is present one must be sure to utilize it properly. :)

Reply to
Chuck Stewart

Reply to
Alex Mericas

They were pretty toasty, but all the pad shots were done via a radio controlled helcopter with a camera mounted on it. That's how they got all the close ups and the air shots. Was a really cool set up. Looks like they subcontracted the guy to work with them.

-Boomer

Reply to
Boomer

$2.49 at WalMart buys me enough aluminum foil to make plenty of hats to keep out their mind control waves.

Reply to
The Pink and Yellow Rocket

TIN foil, you now-mindless dupe... tin foil!

Commercial aluminum foil has billions of holes placed between the atoms of the foil in order to allow the UN-standardized mind-control frequencies thru.

Tinfoil, and make sure the shiny side is out.

Reply to
Chuck Stewart

UN RC helicopters?... scary...

I thought the UN worked for the BATF?

Reply to
Chuck Stewart

Hmmmm but there were those... ahem clouds someone flew into. :(

Gratuitous LDRS 23 plug... it never gets over 107 in Geneseo. :) In reality - for those use to Kansas or Black Rock in the summer - you better bring your sweaters because we'll be lucky to reach 98. ;)

D caskey BRS - VP

Reply to
Rocketweb

Please folks...

Man, if it wasn't for my beanie, these last few solar flares would've toasted my implant..

Just look at this guy's... blew to a zillion pieces:

Don't let *this* happen to you!

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

How do you think they got the Helicopters?

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Chuck Stewart wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@anapuma.nekolabs.edu:

Is that the stuff you get by peeling it off gum wrappers?

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Reply to