Tracking Smoke Formula

} So here's the question - it would appear that there MANY variations on } smoke generation formulas.... does anyone have any source materials for } a non-chemist to make use of. Better yet, anyone have a tried and proven } formula? }

Consider the non-pyrotechnic possibilities.

Aqueous solution of titanium tetrachloride or silicon tetrachloride + ammonium hydroxide.

Both handled/mixed as liquid. Upon exposure to air in aerosol form they undergo reactions with water to form white smoke.

Allowing it to trail out of a rocket and into the air would almost certainly produce sufficient aerosolization (?! if that's a word).

Note that these, and their products, are not harmless.

Also, there's always the way the RCers do it, oil smoke. It'd be up to you to figure out how to heat it with your exhaust without igniting it, but I bet it's doable.

Technical tips at:

Oil smoke recipies at:

Doktor DynaSoar

Just a guess but is Hexachloroethane also kwon as Hexamine????

Reply to
hmasmmb

Nope. Not even close.

Hexamine is (CH2)6N4. Hexachloroethane is C2Cl6.

Very different compounds, with very different properties.

-JT

hmasmmb wrote:

Reply to
Jeff Taylor

"hmasmmb"

Reply to
Scott McCrate
[Snipped dangerous groundhog stories]

Agreed. We used to shoot 'em from 300-400 yards with a high-powered rifle. My dad doesn't have much problem with groundhogs these days - the coyotes eat most of 'em. Wildlife patterns do change, over time.

One groundhog can nibble away about a half-acre or more of tender little soybean shoots, accounting for a loss of hundreds of dollars. Well worth spending some time hunting them...

mj

Reply to
Mark Johnson

I was being funny.... However please note the Kangaroos are just as much fun as Groundhogs.

If a dog coners one it gets up on its tail and guts the dog, or if near water will hop into the water and when the dog chases it in will hold the dog under water. And please the cute furry little critters in Zoo's are not Western Greys. The Buck will grow up too 2M. I dont even mess with them without a 7.62NATO FMJ in my rifle.

Reply to
hmasmmb

How do they taste?

Reply to
bit eimer

Like CHICKEN I'm sure...

Bob Kaplow

Have you ever eaten at MC Donalds ?

JD

Reply to
JDcluster

A bit like venison but I find they taste a little like 11 secret herbs and spices. Must be from all the grass. Dogs love it but if they eat to much of it they get the squirts ( so do humans) If you ever all come over for a rocket launching weekend I throw a piece or 2 on the Barbie ( BBQ). But remember one small thing....I am a Heritic!

Reply to
hmasmmb

I might make a Kangroo shaped rokect aka Team Versata.........

Mike

Reply to
hmasmmb