Two milestones

I can see this turning into a slippery slope. In the bad old days it used to be, "who flew the G?" Changing it to "who flew Jerry's G?" -- or -- "Who flew with Jerry?" doesn't strike me as progress.

Yeah, Jerry's a lying scuzball, but if someone wants to fly some of his motors at a private launch, I think that's their business.

BTW, I have an ancient USR K500 I'm hoping to fly one of these days, maybe later this summer.

Reply to
raydunakin

So you are basicly admitting to the CRIME both you and "Dave Grayvis" has alleged.

Gees!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Well, at the time I bought it, the ATF still considered high power motors exempt. But yeah, basically. Of course, I wouldn't fly it at a sanctioned launch, nor am I trying to get it certified.

Oh, and since we're playing "True Confessions" I should add that I was doing 80 on the freeway today too.

Reply to
raydunakin

Incorrect. jerry, I believe that it was you that pleaded guilty to a felony.

Possession of a "destructive device", wasn't it?

Typically, the term "destructive device" is used when referring to such things as pipe bombs, fire bombs.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Boy oh boy, is this CS or what? First, I never said I bought the motors. That's a big assumption on somebody's part. Second, Jerry may be a lot of things but he is not dangerous to kids. To imply that he is is way over the line. He is not a sex offender nor a violent man nor is he an abuser of drugs. he doesn't advocate any such activity that I know of nor has he ever behaved in any untoward or inappropriate fashion while with me or my students. In fact, and I want you to listen very carefully to this, he has bent over backwards to be helpful at considerable cost to himself. He has volunteered to help prep the kids rockets, inspect them for airworthiness, assist in repairs, offer building advice and helped me to set up equipment an to maintain order and safety at my school launches. Both he and Jeff Dyer have been indispensable to me. An for Jerry, it got to be a two hour drive to El Mirage from his place. Add the two hours back and the material he often donates and that's really putting ones actions before one's words. Far too few are that willing to help with no prospect of getting any thing tangible in return.

These adhomynum attacks are pathetic. Yes, Jerry does invite some of this with his replies but in no way does he deserve being branded a danger to children. Which one of us has not committed some crime at some time in our lives? I dare say most of us have, including drinking under age, smoking dope, speeding, public intoxication, misrepresenting some point either through out right deceit or omission, it's all the same. What separates most of us from the criminal element is that we don't make a practice of these things and in fact, try not to do them at all. That we have done these things at one point in time speaks to our fallibility as humans not our danger to society or our moral degeneracy.

I have a close relative who did time in prison for multiple DUIs. I still see him and have him over to the house. he's now been sober for almost 6 years but when he was drinking he was a menace. Are you suggesting that I should lose my teaching credential for associating with him too? C'mon on, get real. I seriously doubt that you really care about any of this except that it gives you a chance to rant about Jerry's failings. That's pathetic. Damn man, RMR is no longer much fun and is almost no help at all. There's just way to much vitriol for my liking. You needn't bother responding to this as I most likely won't be reading it. I'm taking my toys and going to another sand box where the kids all want to try and be nice.

Reply to
Reece Talley

Tear gas?

Reply to
Tweak

Usually. Nowadays these terms get tossed applied to a lot of things. BTW, earlier you said you thought this charge might have been referring to Jerry's motors and/or propellent. Jerry's reply seems to indicate that is the case, though of course there's no telling with Jerry. His story always changes to suit his needs of the moment.

If indeed it was motors and/or propellent, and not something intended for criminal use, then there are probably a lot of folks who could potentially be charged with the same crime. There are plenty of old, pre-ATF-hassles motors still circulating or in collections.

Of course, if it was motors that Jerry was busted for, then it proves once and for all that his "I'm legal/Just read them the regs/Live the lifestyle" spiel is a bunch of malarkey.

raydunakin

Not.

No.

Yes.

E X A C T L Y.

I posted about that very subject at the time of the "incident".

By wary.

Be cautious. Be aware you are ALL criminals.

Motor collections are ALL felonies thanks to NFPA codes.

Not.

I said those words post facto.

Take my words seriously.

Just Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Only if you get caught.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

When I said I had one of your old motors, you said I was "basically" guilty of the same crime you were accused of. What did you mean by that?

Ok then, what was it?

What makes you say that? You just claimed that your conviction didn't involve motors or propellent.

Are you now admitting there is some risk involved with "living the lifestyle", or what?

So were you busted for motors, or not?

Post facto means "after the fact" -- after what fact? After you got busted? After you found out that your motor business wasn't legal without permits? After you found out that living the lifestyle means being at risk of felony charges? After you found out that just "reading them the regs" doesn't cut it?

LOL!!

Reply to
raydunakin

YOU said it was a crime. I only said that therefore you had just admitted to that crime.

Since the "decertification" of that motor by TRA was itself "illegal" since there was no rule in place they invoked to do it, that clearly puts that motor into some unsolveable legal black hole.

I cannot overcome it, comply with it nor tell you how to comply with it since NO rule now applies to it.

Hence why it was easier just to stop making motors entirely WRT consumers. One cannot point to it and say "it's legaL", or "it is no longer made but is still legal".

TRA did more than blackball me. They blackballed every person with any of those motors.

With no rule or notice.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It IS a crime, if in fact your conviction was for possession of a motor. If your conviction was for something else, then what is your basis for saying that uncertified motors are illegal?

So it was a motor that you were charged with possessing?

If you're talking about possession of decertified motors, the way to comply with it is to have a LEUP, since the ATF considers motors to be "explosives" regardless of certification.

If you're talking about certification of new motors, the rule is clear and simple. You just have to meet the current cert requirements, same as every other manufacturer.

So was the "destructive device" you were busted for possession of, an uncertified new motor, or a decertified old motor?

They did not blackball you, they refused to cert or recert your motors when you failed to meet the current requirements. That was your choice, not theirs.

Reply to
raydunakin

Poor criminal jerry.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Total bullshit post.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

There's some truth in there. WHich part don't you agree with?

Reply to
Phil Stein

You're not getting out of it that easily, Jerry. What was the "destructive device"? Was it a motor? Was it an old motor or a new motor? If it was not a motor, then why did you say I was guilty of the same crime? If it was not a motor, why do you say that it's "impossible" to determine whether a motor is legal or "no longer made but still legal"? If it was not a motor, why are you talking about motor certs?=20

=B5

Reply to
raydunakin

Yes I am. ESPECIALLY after you have ignored or intentionally reversed my past replies.

As usual.

You MUST have a REAL learning disability

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You've never given a complete, straight answer to key questions:

What was the "destructive device"? Was it a motor? Was it an old motor or a new motor? If it was not a motor, then why did you say I was guilty of the same crime? If it was not a motor, why do you say that it's "impossible" to determine whether a motor is legal or "no longer made but still legal"?

If it was not a motor, why are you talking about motor certs?

Reply to
raydunakin

No comment.

That is a straight answer.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No, you're just refusing to answer. Which is your right, of course, but don't expect anyone to buy your story when you refuse to answer basic questions regarding the facts of the story.

Reply to
raydunakin