Two milestones

Kurt wrote:
snip

Sa-Weet! Way to go, Kurt. Back in '98 I did the same trick with a fortified Estes Black Brant II and a G125 motor. I flew it twice from the Monroe field and got it back both times. Over a mile high and mach plus. Talk about a fast lift off! It basically disapeared from the launch pad. I used lots of tracking powder and located the rocket with binoculars after focusing on the powder cloud.
steve

Well, technically, you need more than a computer simulation to back up either one of these claims. PROVING that you've done it is harder than doing it.
But as long as you're just out to have fun, nice job on both. I've had rockets I never expected to see again land 100' from the pad.
People who exercise their embryonic freedom day after day, little by little, expand that freedom. People who do not will find that it withers until they are literally "being lived." They are acting out scripts written by parents, associates, and society. --Stephen R. Covey
All I can say is way to go! Part of my return to the hobby is based on doing what you just did, put the excitement back into rockets and aerospace for others. In one respect model rockets fall short on that because they're seen as "kids stuff". But most people won't spend the time and money for high power, and being good little citizens wouldn't want the BATF breathing down their necks either, so it's mentally marked down as "inaccessable" (I remember one time going out just for fun and meeting a scout pack doing the same thing. When I mentioned being Level 1 and good to I motors, the scout leader told me they didn't make them that big!). But, slap in an F or a G....heck, even only an E.....and watch the light start to come into eyes. My one LMR prototype likely could manage the same things you did and it's successor will pack dual deploy. All the fun, none of the paperwpork. What more could you ask for?!
Chuck