What is everyone working on now that its cold and windy?

There are many forms of travel that do not require a driver's license.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Fred W. wrote:

The Border Patrol/INS has checkpoints on the I-5 and I-15 north of San Diego, and on the I-8 east of San Diego. They also have them on the northbound desert roads coming out of the Imperial Valley. I have to go through one of those whenever I go to my launch site in the badlands. Last time, they asked if I have a "permit" for my rockets -- as if they had any authority to do that!

It's getting to be a real police state, largely because people have the attitude of, "So what if they're violating the Constitution, they're only doing it to catch drunk drivers or terrorists." But next thing you know, it'll be for _any_ reason the feds can dream up.

Reply to
RayDunakin

I have to correct My above statement. Vehicles on private property (hopefully your own property) would definitely require a warrant for a search.

Driving on a public road or highway is a different matter.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

What decade or century would you like to go back to?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Funny, I don't recall ever seeing posts here from anybody with that name.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Hey Fred, check it out! jerry finds us acceptable!

Cool.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Now we know for sure, "he has been taking liberties with the truth".. (:-)

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Can't believe I am writing this, but in principal I stand with Bob. Just because that is the way things have become does not mean it is right.

Freedom doth have a hollow ring these days.

Reply to
Tweak

Already have. My branch of service is the Libertarian party, Georgia division and more soldiers are stepping up every day. My weapons are the ballot box, my wallet and my voice. Tyranny is my enemy.

Reply to
Tweak

Then you are not in the class of individuals I described. You know the ones I'm referring to: The ones who pi$$ and moan and do little else -- for the most part won't vote, using the excuse; all politicians are no good, etc.

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Sociologically? Robert Heinlein once wrote that the years from 1890 to

1910 were the "last truly happy time in American history."

Personally, I kind of liked the 50's, although it really didn't start going to hell until people learned the truth about the Vietnam war.... and I never thought I'd live to see what we've done to ourselves since September 2001.

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

Oh no, I make full use of the freedoms I have left in my small contribution toward stopping/slowing the gradual erosion of our rights.

The ammo box comes last.

Reply to
Tweak

I so agree.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

David Erbas-White wrote in news:5dlFd.335$Ro.149@fed1read02:

Any regulation of travel should not include surrendering one's Constitutional rights.That has nothing to do with *reasonable* safety. Government does not have any right to force one to surrender their rights in order to utilize some benefit .

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Correct.

What license was required in say 1780 to drive a horse down the streets of Boston? None.

For that matter, what license was required to own a blunderbuss (sp?) or cannon? Again, none. And any citizen had the roght to own either, the most powerful weapons on the planet at the time. So where can I buy a FULLY ARMED F15?

Bob Kaplow

Yup. Pull me over and ask me to take a test and I say NO. Arrest me for DUI, and if I then pass the test, the cop / city / state gets sued for false arrest.

Bob Kaplow

My sigs are randomly selected when I log into EISNER. But just for you:

"I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life."

Yup. W et all have played right into his hand. They've turned the USA into as repressive a socitety as in Osama's own culture.

Bob Kaplow

Not true. They don't need a warrant to see what is in plain sight. Nor do they need a warrant to peer into your living room window. But unless they have evidence of wrong doing, they need a warrant to go any further.

Bob Kaplow

I think we should set up full airport style screening and searches before allowing any government employee access to our private property.

Bob Kaplow

Where does it say that our rights do NOT extend to those places.

Automobiles were not around in 1776. But do you see any language in the constitution or bill of rights that gives the police the right to stop or search horse travel. The horse was the car/truck of the day.

Bob Kaplow