What is everyone working on now that its cold and windy?

Amendment IX - The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X - The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Bob Kaplow

The very fact that the guy who rear ended me in 1990 was on his FOURTH DUI arrest shows that it doesn't work. BTW, he was about 25. First DUI was before he was of legal drinking age.

As might I if I didn't have any where to be or have anything better to do. The point is that there should be a significant cost to the police for stopping those that are NOT violating the law.

In fact I kind of like a friends idea to apply for a Firearms card even though I don't own one, and check out all the books on the "Ashcroft list" from the library, and do whatever else to get on watch lists, just to fill up the JBGT databases with a bunch of worthless garbage. I still wonder if I'm on a "yellow" or red" travel list after my last couple encounters with the airport gestapo. My last trip back from Salt Lake City might as well have been a trip thru Nazi Germany.

Bob Kaplow

I predict that there eill be fewer HPR cover page rockets with names like "Damn Ignorant", and more with names like, "Don't Tread on Me", "We The People...", "Let Fredom Soar", etc. Of course it wuold be nice if we could muster a million man march on Washington...

Reply to
Alan Jones

I'd like to go back the Industrial Revolution, when engineers were like gods, instead of common as dirt. Of course being an Aerospace Engineer, I'd also like be a WW II aircraft designer.

In terms of personal freedoms, probably the US westward expansion, were land and resources were plentiful, and there were few people and little government to conflict with.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

You forgot DWG. Of course they should. But that's the one you usually hear refered to. And perhaps the easiest for the cops to spot, even at night.

Bob Kaplow

meow! kaboom!

:)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Oh, so you _are_ claiming to be the mysterious "Teeling", then?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I don't know who wrote this:

Please show me where the Constitution permits violating the rights of innocent citizens simply because _you_ think it's "reasonable".

The "probable cause" stipulation is there specifically to prevent the government from using these kinds of noble-sounding goals as an excuse to violate people's rights.

Reply to
RayDunakin

DWG? Divorced White Girl?

Reply to
Tweak

I didn't know you had it in you Ray. Congrats.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It is not too late to install that ethic in the CURRENT system. Who knows, it might spawn the next railroad into air.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I wrote it. Go back in the thread and re-read where someone posted the

4th amendment in full.

As I read it, the 4th amendment's purpose is to prohibit UNREASONABLE searches/seizures. It essentially says that REASONABLE searches are allowed, but that what would normally be an UNREASONABLE search can only take place with probable cause.

And that's the way it should be. If you take the position that ALL searches are unreasonable without a warrant, then there is virtually nothing that could occur under law. If a cop witnessed a crime, the perpetrator could claim that the cop 'searched' him (watched him commit the crime) without a warrant.

It all hinges on what is considered 'reasonable' by society (not by me, but by a jury of 12) -- and this is borne out by constitutional challenges over the years.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

AS DETERMINED BY A JUDGE.

Do we have some unreasonable searches to report? Yes. Do we have any suggested code changes to mitigate? Yes. Time tested? Yes.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Intended use :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

May I see the proposed code section and placement?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Compulsory taxation.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

A most excelent explanation David..

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

A driver's license is not required to operate a horse.

You do not need a license to have a blunderbuss. You do not need a license to have a cannon. (muzzle loading.)

I sincerely doubt you could afford an F15, no offense.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Actually, Minister, for there to be a _next_ railroad into air, there must, naturally, already be at least one _existing_ railroad into air, and I'm pretty sure there isn't. British Rail would have a hard time selling the riders on the benefits of that one. After all, a railroad into air wouldn't be all that useful, in point of fact. The engines and cars would just go flying off the end of the track, and fall helplessly back to earth. Not a lot of fun for the passengers on board, I'm afraid.

Also, as an aside, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with even contemplating the idea of railroads being spawned, rather than built. Although, it might go a fair ways towards explaining the timetables....

- Rick "Still channelling the Principal Private Secretary" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

Do you have any examples of search warrants being served prior to lawmen of the old west searching cowboys and their horses or wagons?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis