What is the correlation between total impulse and gas volume of a BP motor ?

-----snippage----

And if not stored properly the pressed BP is prone to cracking and / or case separation if subjected to temperature as Congreive discovered to his dismay. During the war of 1812 his rockets were as dangerous to the launching troops as they were to the intended targets ! A CATO with an explosive warhead attached is a *bad thing*.

John

Reply to
John Bonnett

Try a squirt of deisel fuel. Pack it so it's hard as a rock using a sledge hammer and a 12" sawed off section of a tire iron.

For conditions - do it at night under candle light when the humidity is less than 10%.

Don't try this at home or anywhere else.

Of course if you want an authoritative reference, you could get David Sleeters book on the subject.

Reply to
Phil Stein

design and fly my Level-1 certification. The problem is I've called every gun shop between Savannah and Jacksonville and nobody is carrying it anymore.

Power guns".

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine