Where does this individual launch/attend meetings?

Regarding flying rockets or using usenet? One has little to do with the other.
You didn't mention your denomination. While I find it commendable to monitor and investigate a potential activity of your students, the manner you have gone about it is slightly suspect. No one here knows if you're Jim Jones or Billy Graham. Anyone can say they are a Reverend.
I know many true Christian rocketeers, from a number of churches / denominations. Most recently, last Saturday our local club had a Royal Rangers group come out to fly and they had a great time as did the other club members there flying with them.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but if I'm reading your post correctly, you have generally decided rocketry is not a good thing and may possibly corrupt your students. That's fine but if all you have to go by is what you've read on rmr, you have a very finite sampling to use as your guide and come across as being judgemental. As a pastor you should know the difference between discernment and judgement. Do you hold the same opinion concerning all sports activities and secular occupations? After all, there are many negative role models in sports.
I'll accept you at your word but from one Christian to another, you might want to remove that mote.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /

This should be in the FAQ.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Your admitted inexperience with Usenet explains this perspective. If this is your first venture into the "wild wild west" of the Internet, then you have never received threats of physical violence (or worse), had anyone make vague references about "bad things" happening to people, etc. etc.. I, and many others, have. The really sad part is that this particular group is quite tame in comparison to many others.

That was what is known as an inside joke.

I get the distinct impression your mind was made long before you came to RMR, but I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. Attend a local launch, introduce yourself, ask some questions and then observe if you really want a proper perspective.
--
Tweak

Just think about this a moment. This guy rudely jumps onto RMR asking personal questions then says we're all Devil Worshippers and not acceptable for his little congregation to associate with because we exercise proper judgment in a very public forum.
I say "Hit the Road Jack and Don't Come Back", I know I don't need to be judged by the likes of him nor do I want my kids associated with his organization. He obviously lives in a glass house and doesn't just throw rocks he uses a catapult.
This guy is worse then some media idiot looking for problems when there aren't any and decides to make some up to have an article to write.
Beware the Wolf in Sheep's clothing.
Andrew

But you didn't have a problem with Bruce Kelly for 1.5 decades?
Jerry Irvine wrote:

jerry, Don't you have enough problems of your own?
When are you going to pay Me?

Since you like posting cort records, please post the one that says thta "JERRY IRVINE" owes money to "DAVE GRAYVIS".
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
"I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life."

We won't be happy until Bruce eats you. 8-)
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

IMHO this forum isn't the best place to learn about rocketry, and is especially not very "family oriented" -- i.e., I wouldn't recommend this forum for minors. This is not a moderated forum, meaning anyone can post anything here.
There's another, moderated, forum which you may prefer: www.rocketryforum.com
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Interesting.
You should launch them still. Great fun, you know.

Did I imply or state there was issue with your "rocketeer status" in regards to queries posed upon others?

Was not aware that Kevin was the arbiter of propriety on RMR. Be that as it may...
(Hi Kevin ;-)

Simple uncertainty and suspicion would preclude many from answering such queries. You might be a fed, an agent provocateur, or even an evil terrorist. Perhaps a revenge minded former rocketeer intent upon bloody vengeance for some past (real or perceived) slight. Or maybe even just a pervo looking to "cop a feel". Who knows?
--
Tweak

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:40:12 -0400, Tweak

Then Jerry is his man. To bad Jerry didn't answer.
I find it odd that he would ask where we are yet seems to be unwilling to say where he is. Also, he hasn't said what his name is. Maybe it's little Iz.
Tweak wrote:

Ahh, memories of Chris and Diane come to mind... <G>
David Erbas-White
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

If it's a reasonable for you to ask where people launch and attend meetings, then it is also reasonable for others to ask you the same question. I see you have answered that now, thanks!
The question I have is the one you have not answered.(at least in the posts I've seen) Why does a person, (you) who claims to not be involved in the hobby, care where others launch at? I think that's a reasonable question for you to answer, yes?
BTW: Just for the record, I launch with the same club that Trojanowski does.
--
Joe Michel
NAR 82797 L2
Tweak wrote:

Does he owe you money or something? Did his great-great grandpappy insult your great-great grandpappy...and you are just wanting to settle some century-old feud?
:o)
Your asking such a question, in the setting of this group...is *very* creepy.
--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux User #328317 - SlackWare 10.1 (2.6.10)
bob352 wrote:

Well...to be fair, the reason for his "inquisitive" was finally revealed. If the person had simply, at first, stated: "Hi, I am Mr. MyName; and I represent MyGroup; and we are interested in entering the hobby, and perhaps getting to know a few of your members, and learning from you..." then I think he would have been given a better response.
--

Greg Heilers
snipped-for-privacy@earthNOSPAMlink.net says...

Ehhh? I copied and pasted the original request for info from jimhod, then changed the names.
Unless perhaps you forgot a smiley?
Or you are giving me tit-for-tat?
;-)
--
Tweak

Tweak wrote:

Yeah I know...I myself, copied and pasted the same reply to jimhod's original post.
:o)
:o) (That is for the one I forgot...lol)

--

Greg Heilers