Where does this individual launch/attend meetings?

Your point is valid, but consider this...

If he wanted a "real" view of how people behave on RMR, he got an excellent lesson in one, as opposed to giving people the opportunity to "be on good behavior".

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

In short you are a smart-ass.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

If you can be the dumb-ass, Phil can be the smart-ass.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Where are you located? Perhaps someone can point you to a local group.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Regarding flying rockets or using usenet? One has little to do with the other.

You didn't mention your denomination. While I find it commendable to monitor and investigate a potential activity of your students, the manner you have gone about it is slightly suspect. No one here knows if you're Jim Jones or Billy Graham. Anyone can say they are a Reverend.

I know many true Christian rocketeers, from a number of churches / denominations. Most recently, last Saturday our local club had a Royal Rangers group come out to fly and they had a great time as did the other club members there flying with them.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but if I'm reading your post correctly, you have generally decided rocketry is not a good thing and may possibly corrupt your students. That's fine but if all you have to go by is what you've read on rmr, you have a very finite sampling to use as your guide and come across as being judgemental. As a pastor you should know the difference between discernment and judgement. Do you hold the same opinion concerning all sports activities and secular occupations? After all, there are many negative role models in sports.

I'll accept you at your word but from one Christian to another, you might want to remove that mote.

Randy

<randyolb

Your admitted inexperience with Usenet explains this perspective. If this is your first venture into the "wild wild west" of the Internet, then you have never received threats of physical violence (or worse), had anyone make vague references about "bad things" happening to people, etc. etc.. I, and many others, have. The really sad part is that this particular group is quite tame in comparison to many others.

That was what is known as an inside joke.

I get the distinct impression your mind was made long before you came to RMR, but I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. Attend a local launch, introduce yourself, ask some questions and then observe if you really want a proper perspective.

Reply to
Tweak

Ehhh? I copied and pasted the original request for info from jimhod, then changed the names.

Unless perhaps you forgot a smiley?

Or you are giving me tit-for-tat?

;-)

Reply to
Tweak

Just think about this a moment. This guy rudely jumps onto RMR asking personal questions then says we're all Devil Worshippers and not acceptable for his little congregation to associate with because we exercise proper judgment in a very public forum.

I say "Hit the Road Jack and Don't Come Back", I know I don't need to be judged by the likes of him nor do I want my kids associated with his organization. He obviously lives in a glass house and doesn't just throw rocks he uses a catapult.

This guy is worse then some media idiot looking for problems when there aren't any and decides to make some up to have an article to write.

Beware the Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Grippo

But you didn't have a problem with Bruce Kelly for 1.5 decades?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

This should be in the FAQ.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

jerry, Don't you have enough problems of your own?

When are you going to pay Me?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Did you just figure that out? 8-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

POINT!!

Reply to
Phil Stein

We won't be happy until Bruce eats you. 8-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

Since you like posting cort records, please post the one that says thta "JERRY IRVINE" owes money to "DAVE GRAYVIS".

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Kevin Trojanowski wrote:

Kevin, I personally find your insight and perception of this fact alone to be refreshing. We prefer to not have people on "their best behavior" A persons true character is in his heart, and that character only comes through when people treat others from their heart. It is true that people are quite "brave" when they have someting to hide behind, and we seek to find out their true intent. We will be looking into the links that Doug, and others have provided, but our goal here has been met. I see from Andrews comments that I should aplogize. If there are any amoung you whom I have offended that was never my intent. I must admit I have never been one to call anyone a devil worshiper. Interesting indeed. Nor was it my intent to be rude to any of you. I must also point out that while I am a minister, I sit on a board of regents of a privite "school" which is not affiliated with my church. Indeed we have students from many denominations, and members of the board of regents have many diverse occupations and the students in the school come from quite varied backgrounds. While we do not entirely protect or shelter our youth from the seedy underbelly of society,(the big bad world as some here have called it)but we do wish to mentor them so they have the best oppotunities to grow while living stnadards, although different from others, that they have chosen. We do not live in glass houses and if I came off as somhow sanctimonious , again, my apologies. I must admit that we do try to involve our youth in activities and organizitions which provide fun, learing experiencies, and rockets could be one of them. But alas, we find people like Andrew, who seem to think because we have chosen to live by a diffent set of stnadards, or that we come across as "creepy", or that our intentions have some how labeled anyone as devil worshippers, they don't want us around. It is a very thin piece of paper that does not have two sides. This is true in ALL aspects of life. Also, please understand that I do not have the final say in this process. There are seven other individulas who will discuss all of the research that we have been doing before a final desion is made. Thanks again to all of you.

James Hodges

Reply to
jjimhodges

Yeah I know...I myself, copied and pasted the same reply to jimhod's original post.

:o)

:o) (That is for the one I forgot...lol)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

IMHO this forum isn't the best place to learn about rocketry, and is especially not very "family oriented" -- i.e., I wouldn't recommend this forum for minors. This is not a moderated forum, meaning anyone can post anything here.

There's another, moderated, forum which you may prefer:

raydunakin