Would He Or Wouldn't He?

Lets say Ronald Regan was invited to an LDRS. He's thirsty due to the desert-like conditions at Lucern. He's offered a beer. As the honorary RSO, does he accept it and down it?

Reply to
Joe

Trick question. LDRS does not happen at Lucerne :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

We're dealing with hypotheticals here Jerreeeeeee

Reply to
Joe

Troll.

Reply to
RayDunakin

My wife is stuck taking assorted diversity and interviewing training at work. One of the interesting practices she heard about is taking a candidate out for lunch, and offering them drinks first. Then refusing to hire any one who doesn't drink, because they might be an alcoholic. Of course that also illegally screens out folks who don't drink for medical or religious reasons. But lets you hire a drunk instead :-(

Bob Kaplow

The scary thing is..... I think I understand that. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Joe Walsh (the Album with "Rocky Mountain Way")

Reply to
AZ Woody

Honest Ocifer, I'm not under the alcholafluence of incohol like some thinkle peep I am...I only had tree martunis'. The drunker I sit here the longer I get....gosh, I fool so feelish.....

:-)

John

Reply to
John Stein

NO MA'AM = National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

Where's Al now that we need him?

The aliens stole my socks!

Reply to
Augustus McCrae

Reply to
Phil Stein

Oh really. Google this newsgroup and find out how many posts delt with drinking at rocketry meets. I guess the more conservative you are, the less sense of humor you possess

Reply to
Joe

'Bundy's are losers....not quitters'

With a tag line like that we really do need Al on out side!

Now where's Jeffereson and Griff????

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Phil Ste> He still lives on the rerun channels.

Reply to
nedtovak

Now to post the obvious:

"I am NOT a Chicken! Jefferson, why does he keep calling me a chicken?"

-Fred "did I get that quote correct?" Shecter NAR 20117

Fred Shecter

"Al" went on to star in Dragnet. "Peg" got another sitcom.

Reply to
Alan Jones

I'm not so think as you drunk I am.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Sure they did. Go back to sleep Al. : )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

She does voice overs for Disney cartoons too.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

This is corporate logic at it's BEST! I've dealt with this line of thinking in many areas, not just alcohol

Once you've hired that drunk he's harder to get rid of than a sober person - alcoholism is a disease and he can't be fired without a legal hassle. I've seen several managers cover their mistakes simply by stating "I was hung over" and the company will let it slide - or in one case promoted a manager to another plant to get rid of him.

Never forget that the boss is right BECAUSE HE'S THE BOSS! after all we wouldn't have made him the boss if he was going to be wrong! (was givin that statement by the boss's boss one time)

I too do not drink by choice and it has hurt me in the corporate world, I've learned that many key decisions are not made in the board room but in the bar room later.

Dale Greene

Dale Greene

I've always thought that one reason the corporate superstructure behaves the way it does is that most of its decision-making occurs under the influence of alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Well I don't drink MUCH because I don't like most of it. But I do like these half bottles (the size of a bottle of beer) of wine that run $80 each...

Bob Kaplow