YARW (Yet Another Rocketry Website)...

OK...it's still a work in progress, but here is something I threw together this evening...

There are some pics from today's launches and some other neat stuff.

I welcome any and all suggestions..

R.

R & K Bilyea

You might want to resize your images. The actual images are larger than what is being displayed causing load times to be longer and bandwidth usage to be higher than it needs to be. I've seen this mistake in many websites.

Daniel Bergquist Rev. 2:10

Reply to
daniel.bergquist

I'm glad they do! That way I have the option at viewing it at its larger size. I think that is their intent as well. Remember, if you're driving on the highway and can't keep up with the speed limit - "slower traffic keep right" - in other words, don't ask the rest of the world to slow down for your sake.

"MISTAKE"? The only mistake is on your part for not having a broadband connection.

A.S.

BTW, if you're using Internet Explorer (or any Microsoft product) that's another "mistake", try Firefox (

and you'll notice a significant improvemant in load times.

Reply to
Der_Red_Max

I'm glad real web designers don't use that argument, or the internet wouldn't even be useable on broadband...after all, its your fault you don't pay a thousand or so a month for a multi-gigabit backbone connection.

Reply to
John Bowles

Uh, ok... How does that work when the website runs out of bandwidth? Or do you expect them to spend a lot of money to keep up with the extra bytes? On high-traffic websites such a difference can translate into thousands upon thousands of dollars. There is always the option to store two sizes of an image. Yes, that eats up disk space.

I've never used IE as my browser of choice.

Reply to
daniel.bergquist

Didn't finish that thought. :-)

Having two sizes to send down the pipe is what pretty much all photo or art albums on the web do. Some, though, might store only the larger size and create the thumbnail on request.

Dear me, I think I just started a flame war.... :-/

Reply to
daniel.bergquist