Latest threads in Model rockets forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Estes K-28 Thor-Agena
Hey all, I am in need of a couple of scans, for the Estes K-28 Thor-Agena. I need a scan of the paper exhaust cone (missing from JimZ's file) as well as a good scan of the decal sheet. I am assuming...

New Comanchee 3
lost all but the first stage of the one I built in college. This time I'll launch it with more capable spotters than I did last time, like maybe my 7 year old and his friends... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you...
4
4

My Comet landed in a tree yesterday...
guess that's what I get for firing it off in my front yard. Hey, any field can be a rocket field if you're willing to pay the price! -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

A Very Good Day Launching Rockets.
Dearest Daughter: This Sunday morning I woke up early. This is usual for me. Usually, I get up early to go to Buddhist services on Sunday. However, today I dressed in my DART T-shirt and loaded eight...

Simultaneous rocket launch, view of one launching from the air
We had about 20 neighbors show up in 15 minutes notice last weekend to a vacant lot around the corner. Here, I launched my son's "Metalizer" with the key fob camera attached. My neighbor launched his...

Can't afford the hundreds of thousands of dollars it costs for a ticket to space? There is another way.
Here's an article from Discovery News: FL - In support of its mission to broaden public awareness of the benefits of space exploration, the Aerospace Research & Engineering Systems Institute, Inc. is...

"Wings In Orbit" Book and Bonus Commemorative DVD Set Pre-order Sale
"Wings In Orbit", is set for release in March. We will have a limited supply of this fantastic book plus a bonus commemorative DVD set, so reserve your copy today! For more information or to reserve...

New rocket and a missile launch at Markham Park
Comet launched with a C6-5, streamer recovery: flipped the switch on an Orbital Transport purchase, maybe a test launch by Sunday? Red Max: launched this one in my neighborhood and dropped it about...

PING: Fred Schecter
Do you still hang around in here?
2
2

Dremel circle cutter
use one of these for centering rings/bulkheads? Ted Novak TRA#5512
6
6

burn rate measurement method?
Has anyone tried casting propellants into drinking straws to measure burn rates? It seems like that might be a good way to make consistently sized samples for burn rate measurements.
8
8

18mm mach buster?
Is it possible to break mach (>1.0) with an 18mm motor? I've run a bunch of sims and get close, but not over mach. It's easier with a 24mm motor, and a lot easier with a 29mm. Assuming the motors are...
1
1

paraffin fuel
Does anyone know of amateur experiments with paraffin fuel and a perchlorate oxidizer? I have seen paraffin used in a hybrid rocket, and I have seen an abstract of a Russian journal article about...
1
1

Model Rocketry Magazine or News Letter
Hi - Are there any magazines/email news letters devoted to Model Rockets? I have been out of the hobby for many years and would like to get back in to it. I like to scratch build rockets and I am...
3
3

Has anyone tried this?
We launched the Gyroc last Friday in a 5 acre field, and I was afraid I'd lose it because a fin wasn't aligned. It took a nice, swirling path, but a little too close to no man's land. I'll pay more...
11
11