PING: Fred Schecter

Do you still hang around in here?

I visit once in a while but there is absolutely nothing of any value going on on USENET because the volume of garbage posts and cross- posted nonsense (most of which looks like it was generated by a bot) has scared off most people. Plus, most ISPs don't support USENET anymore and Google Groups is the only way for many to attempt to access.

eternal-september.org is a very good, free usenet service that filters out most spam. I've been using it ever since comcast and nmsu dropped their feeds.