1/12 scale civilian figures ?

Hi all,

I see from the archive, this question comes up every year or so, guess it's my turn ;-) A friend is building the Airfix 1/12th Bentley, and is looking for figures to bring it to life - driver, chauffeur/mechanic for example. Searching the archives and FAQ pretty much yields either GI Joe/Action Man retreads or dolls house figures. Is anyone aware of any other sources ?

regards Damian

Reply to
Damian

The closest I can think of is Tamiya's 1/12 pit crew. You'll probably have to be good at figure modifying to make them useful. Hmm, now I wonder what scale was Airfix's Anne Boleyn/Henry VIII. :)

Seb

Reply to
Seb

Cheers Seb, thanks for the pointer.

I'd considered Anne with the Black Prince, and a showjumper+horse tethered to the rear bumper / fender, but then the medication wore off.

as they say on Armorama, tanks !

Damian

Reply to
Damian

Airfix also does a human skeleton model. Although I don't know what scale it is :) Some German model train company makes loads of civilian figures in smaller scales (1/48, 1/72, etc. of everything, even nudists!) often seen in art suppy shops but I seriously doubt they got anything bigger. It may be worth looking at the arts section though. As I said, the flameproof-suit Tamiya pit crew would look odd with a Bentley! I'll be interested to know how this quest turns out. Keep us posted.

Seb

Reply to
Seb

Well 1/12th scale is very close to the 150mm-ish figure "scale", so you might expand your search. There are a lot of 150mm-ish figures out there, from all genres and eras. Many could be easily "civilian-ized".

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Greg Heilers brought next idea :

Well, bang on. A search for "150mm scale figure" and "6" / 6 inch scale figure" does get a lot more. I'll pass them on, thanks very much for the tip.

Damian

Reply to
Damian

dont priesler do big things like that?

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

No Preiser's range was for model trains, the biggest being for LGB (G guage) which comes out to 1:22.5. And they ain't cheap! A set of eight (I think - they're downstairs) studio nudes in G guage was $35.00.

The Old Timer

Reply to
frank may

yes they are ruddy expensive, huge catalogue too, really thick.

seen things like santa, hookers etc to buy too.

wasnt sure, sorry if i led the guy up the wrong path

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

JULIAN HALES explained on 09/11/2004 :

takes a lot more than that to get me up the wrong path (leather, uniforms, maybe :-) ) thanks for the help anyway. I found a lot of the 'exotic; figures during my search e.g

it's not quite what we're looking for.

cheers Damian

Reply to
Damian

Unfortunately, in the world of figures, that is very inexpensive. Some *single* 1/32nd/54mm-ish figures...are exceeding the $25.00 range.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

" > >

so at G gauge they would be......how tall? sounds like something I would like to find. you have a Preiser catalog handy?

thx - Craig

Reply to
who me?

Try the range from Preiser. Usually expensive, but nice.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Ahh, bloody hell - already? I was just coming to terms with yesterday...

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

A 6'0" tall person would scale to 3.2" tall at 1:22.5 scale.

By comparison, a 6'0" tall person would scale to 3.0" tall at 1:24 scale.

HTH,

The Old Timer

I buy my Preisers from Walthers

Fast service (if it's in stock), fair pricing.

The Preiser Adam and Eve figure sets are available in "G" (1/22), 1/24,

1/32, and 1/48.

Steve H

Rob Gr>

Reply to
snh9728

I was interested myself and went ahead to look at Priesler's items offered by retailers, and I now want to put to practice some advice given by a retailer's website. Accordingly, Preisler's nudist figures are "great for a private beach," and if you want to use them in public areas "why not also take a look at our police officer figures." Trouble is, Preisler only have cops in HO, and I would like to build a scene with a few parked cars in the background--no HO car kits around, besides far too small. I don't want to build 1/24 neither (too much space). Only other source I found was ozmadefigures.com.au, which has a small handful of 1/32 Australian police. I never heard of them myself, but their stuff looks good. And expensive.

Seb

Reply to
Seb