1/24 scale figures...

Is there any figures in this scale? I was wanting a German WW2 pilot either standing or sitting. Is there any out there by any chance?

William

Reply to
William L. Powell

Hi there, I buy (collect) any decent RAF and Luft figures, all scales, and have done so for many years. Having just searched my database for Luftwaffe and RAF

1/20, 1/24, I have nothing. Now that doesnt mean there is nothing, but it certainly has escaped my notice ! However, depending on your modifying skills, you have two options, 1) Modellers of 1/24 scale Airfix Stukas, Fw190s and Me109s dont always use the pilot and gunner (stuka) figures, so a posting asking for same should yield results. By cutting V's out of elbow and leg joints and altering the poses these could yield results. If you are at the IPMS UK Nationals At Telford this coming weekend you could leave a request at the Luftwaffe Special Interest Stand for any members having such. Or with any kit retailers selling these kits to ask purchasers if they wish to part with the figure,

There are often scrap boxes also there where figures can be picked up....

2) Tamiya formula 1 cars are 1/20 scale and hasegawa 1/24 scale and over the years pit crews and driver figures have been produced by other companies to go with these. Armed with Milliput or your favourite sculpting compound, boots, maewests, collars, pockets etc could be added to the basic figure, it saves you trying to model faces and basic structure !

It is a shame that these gorgeous large kits have been totally overlooked figure wise though, I guess figure originators dont foresee vast sales.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Last time I looked at Preiser they had many military figures in many scales big and small, although their main focus is HO. Now if someone can help me with 1/32 police figures...

Seb

Reply to
Seb

Well, 1/24th scale is very close to the 75mm-ish figure "scale". "Series 77", back in the "days of yore", had a ton of figures, including WWII air subjects, in their 77mm-ish scale.

I also think that Valiant had some in this size.

Plus, Preiser has some "academy" figure castings close to this size. Preiser + epoxy putty...

Welcome to the fine art of SCULPTING!!!

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Bill - Go to eBay and look up "Nitto S.F.3D" (okay, 1:20, but its the best that I can do) They had two figure sets which were WWII Luftwaffe figures, including a fighter pilot and two guys in what appeared to be fatigues, one long legged pants and one in shorts. Shouldn't be too expensive.......

The Old Timer

Okay, here are more details on the old 77mm figures from "Series 77". They are/were very close to 1/24th scale.

Series #6 was "The Pilots", and were the following:

1) Japanese 2) German 3) British 4) American bomber pilot 5) Italian pilot, being greeted by his dog 6) another German pilot

Originally released in the early 1970's, they were great for their day, and with some work, *can* be great today as well.

Also, you might do some intense investigative work regarding the now-defunct line of "Cameo Miniatures". I believe they had some pilots, in or around this scale, as well.

Reply to
Greg Heilers