1/48th Hunter T7/8 conversion

Gents, I have just returned from Thunder City after a flight in Hunter T8 ZU-ATH and Buccaneer ZU-NIP. Using the Aeroclub conversion would the 1/48th Academy F6 or FGA9 be the best basis for this project. Cheers Steve

Remove nospam to reply

Reply to
yellowwolf

I am green with envy, when I win the Lotto that will be my first present to myself.

With regards to which kit to use I'm not sure but the FGA.9 kit gives you the tailpipe with the brake parachute bulge, and has the wing flaps with cut outs to fit around the drop tanks, whereas the F.6 kit has a normal tailpipe and full flaps.

Aeroclub include a set of injection moulded parts of the various tailpipe configurations in their detail set for the Academy Hunters, but I don't know if its included in their trainer conversion set.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance and I'm still green with envy :-)

Happy modelling Ant

Reply to
Ant Phillips

Technically the FGA9 should be the better, because of the parachute fairing on the jetpipe. But as Academy got it all stupendously wrong, get the Aeroclub tailpipe fix as well (if it's not included in the T7 set), and also the undercarriage set. Depending how fussy you are about such things, take note that the engine amidships venting outlets are slightly different on the T7 too. I haven't actually built either of mine yet, but I am looking forward to them - sometime! Mostly they are very nice kits.

Chek

"yellowwolf" wrote in message news:Jcord.130$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...

Reply to
Chek

Or track down an Echelon 1/32 T7

Reply to
IanDTurner

That's good advice from Ian - the Echelon kit is probably the best - though it's a vacform. I heard a rumour that Revell Germany may release their well received 1/32 Hunter as a

2-seater at some stage as well.

Getting back to your original question, the Academy F6 is the better choice as it has the rectangular flaps without the 'big tank' cutout.

Chek

"yellowwolf" wrote in message news:Jcord.130$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...

Reply to
Chek

FWIW The design of the kit makes it pretty apparent that they were planning on other variants. I wonder what the holdup is??

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I don't know what sales have been like officially, but the original kit has been heavily discounted in the UK almost since first release. Suggests sales were poor to me, which is a great shame as it's a wonderful kit of a beautiful aircraft. Still seems cheap even at full price, Cheers, Bill D.

Reply to
Bill Davies

There was a post over on the Aircraft Resource Centre discussion board in the last week, from someone who had a letter from Revell Germany, it basically says that there will be no further releases of the 1/32 kit due to poor sales (hard to believe when you see the number of them that seem to appear at shows and online galleries) and although the kit was obviously intended for a 2 seater and other marks to follow, this is unlikely now. Its a pity as it is one of the best kits I have ever built.

They are however about to release a 1/72 scale version initially as an F.6 but if sales are good then other marks will hopefully follow.

Happy modelling Ant

Reply to
Ant Phillips

Nice. I do hope it's a new tooling, although a re-pop of the Matchbox kit would do at a stretch.

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

It is, and it wouldn't! The MB kit only bears a passing resemblence to a Hunter Don't reply to the btconnect address - and remove nospam!!

Reply to
Dave Fleming