Hasagawa 1/48th F6F-5 Question

The hassgawa 1/48th scale F6F has two fairing that you put under the
fuselage by the leading edge of the wings. Were these fairings common to
all -5's?
Thanks for the help.
Stan Parker
Reply to
Stanley Parker
Ya mean part J2? I believe that's an anti-buffet plate used to smooth out the airflow. I looked through two books and it looked present on a -3 so a -5 should have it. Photos of that area are hard to come by and I apparently loaned out my Walkaround. I'd install it, Hasegawa probably knows better than we in this instance. hth
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Reply to
Keeper