Old airfix FW190D

I have the old airfix fw190D in the blisterpack,the one with TD+X1 decals.I have no intention of building it,since I have better kits,but am just
curious.Is TD+X1 a legitimate marking or?I've had no luck finding out from my few books or online. Thanks in advance for any help.
On 17 Sep 2004 18:28:09 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Eyeball2002308) wrote:

It's probably a radio call sign used during acceptance testing.

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.

I was thinking along those lines,just curious if airfix used a real plane as reference or it's a fiction.
On 18 Sep 2004 15:26:43 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Eyeball2002308) wrote:

The only way to be sure would be to start looking at lots of pictures! ;)
I don't have any reference material on 'foreign' aircraft so can't be any more help.

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.
I'm thinking it would be a matter of finding what references airfix had available when this version was released.And since I was probably about 4 at the time I have no idea where to start.I will probably build a kit with those markings for the hell of it.
Eyeball2002308 wrote:

Make it a factory-fresh 'D' as I think the markings would have come off at the front and replaced by service markings. I looked in "Warplanes of the Third Reich but no such call signs are mentioned. Most 190 prototypes seem to have been in the 'C' range (for example CI+XM). If it's any help, the Ta 183 prototypes were in the 'TF' range.
Bill Banaszak, MFE

Thanks for the info.I've *only* done about a dozen 190Ds over the years so it isn't critical,I was just curious.

I'm afraid I've lost the initial messages of the thread, so I might be referencing the wrong code here, but I have two old Airfix 190D decal sheets which give TD+X1. If this is the code in question, it is plausible for a production Fw 190D; There is a picture of an FW 190A with the sequence TD+SI or S1, and also a series of Ta 154 prototypes in the TE range. It's evident, though, that few if any FW 190Ds were in operational service while wearing such codes. This would have been either factory-delivery or prototype/development to have flown with these codes.
Mark Schynert

Now I'm getting somewhere.I never thought of a prototype,only a predelivery code.But I still think the style of crosses on the sheet is wrong.They look like the underwing style but say to use them all around.I took some artistic license and used the more common styles. Thanks to all who replied.
It's called "Stamkennziken" (Not sure of spelling) and is the radio codes the plane has when it leaves the assembly lines - apearently they are rather firmly fixed to the same werknumer.
--

Claus Gustafsen
Strandby Denmark