Academy 1/72 F-8

Has anybody actually seen one of these at a show? Is it new tooling?

Thanks,

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

Hannant's web update has some pictures from Nuremberg hobby show. One of them is of what is supposed to be the actual stealth (up until now??) F-8.

Too poor a picture to really tell if it is a rip off or new tooling, but at least we seem closer to reality than we were a while back.

Norm

Reply to
Norm Filer

been waiting 2 years.no sign of it so far

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

All new tooling has been confirmed.

Available ex

from April 2004.

regards

Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Links

A.T.

They're taking preorders at HLJ. 1710 yen per piece(early bird special). After the /35 Hind & /32 Salamander, this year keeps getting better and better! Cheers! Tvrtko

Reply to
Tvrtko

Don, I've had test shots of the Academy F-8 for about a month now. It is all new tooling. Complete intake trunking, open speed brake well, separate control surfaces, etc.

It also includes 5.00" Zuni launchers, the Y racks, weapons pylons and bombs. The shots I have also contain the different leading edge slats and horizontal tails for the 'J' and the 'FN'.

Cockpit is OK for 1/72 scale. Panels lines are recessed and very fine. They look good compared to published references.

It is slightly better than the Hasegawa 1/48 F-8 in a couple of areas. I have a scan of the decal sheet if you want to see it. Just email me direct.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 9.9

Dave Roof

Reply to
RoofDL

It doesn't 'owe' anything at all to the Hasegawa, Ace, or Heller kits? Not that the latter would be so bad.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Pictures of the sprues here:

Laurent