cleaning my aztek

I'm obviously doing something wrong, but what. After using the Aztek A470, I bloe about two cups worth of cleanign fluid (water for acrylics, turpentine for enamels) through, put the nozzle in the same fluid, and put it away. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Reply to
Nemesis

I have got to the point of using a small piece of wire to scrape away some of the paint that just will not move.

I have found in some cases no amount of soaking in either turps, thinners, or even brake fluid will strip the `gunk` from the inside.

Don Stauffer

Reply to
Nemesis

I actualy broke down and pulled mine apart with the same symptoms. There is a small "H" shaped plastic bit that connects the trigger to the needle that pushes or opens the nozzle... i.e. it pulls back and the nozzle's needle (which is spring actuated) opens. So the little plastic part snaps into the trigger and the needle with tiny little nubs into coresponding slots. One of the nubs on mine had broken and the connector slipped. With putting it back into place I had some success, but not the same as good.... I eventually spent a chuck of a day making a new part, this worked for a bit, but styrene is too soft. So, made a third part with aluminium, and this has been working to a point. I am abou tready to set the while thing aside and try a Pasche. As a matter of fact, I am going to do that. I am tired with the thought of a simple little PLASTIC bit holding everything up..... But it did come in a very cool wood organizer.......

rich

Reply to
Rich

If it's broke, don't fix it - send it back to Testors or their agent and it will be replaced. Mine has been, twice! I now own and love an Iwata...

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

That you had to have it repaired twice should say something. Additinonaly, I am sure any warrenty has been breached once I opened it up. I am torn. I really like that the siphon lids are the same size as the mm bottles, but I don't like all the tips and a plastic body etc.....

rich

Reply to
Rich

That you've opened it *could* be a problem :-) I've said it here before - when the Aztek works it's a lovely brush; when it doesn't, there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it and there seems to be no rhyme nor reason for the different behaviours at different times!

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Send it back with a pleasant letter; "Gee, I had to finish my kit for a contest and I had no choice but to try and repair this myself...I like the brush, sure hope you can fix it." Testors has a pretty good replacement policy so you'll probably get a new one. hth

Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

I will have to try thatwhen I finish my latest.... I think I even have the part somewhere. What do I have to loose.......

rich

Reply to
Rich