New Yak-141 Freestyle in 1/72 in FSM future releases

In FSM "future releases" they list a new resin 1/72 Yak-141 Freestyle from Anigrand (even if they wrote Yak-144).
I checked on Anigrand website and the release date should be Aug. 2004 so I think it's already at an advanced state. Apart from a russian vacform that seems very difficult to find, it should be the only kit of the Yak-41/141 available in 1/72. I hope they'll put decals also for white 75 and 77.
--
Yuri Rambelli

To send e-mail write "mclink" instead of "non.credoproprio" in the
I've but nearly every kit Anigrand has released, & AFAIK, everything he's announced has been released, & on schedule. For you guys interested in one-offs & prototypes, Anigrand & Unicraft can't be beat!

There is more differences between 75 and 77 than just number. 77 had auxillary jet nozzle for position control under the nose, and 75 on the tail (or vice versa, I can't check it out now)
-- Greetings Piotr
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:33:15 +0100, "Piotr Dmitruk"

You're right Piotr, "White 75" had jet nozzles on tail booms, while "White 77" had a rotating nozzle under the nose, however it shouldn't be too difficult to make changes, better than completely scratchbuild it.
Anyway the only flyable Yak-141 is in fact Yak-41 "White 75" (or prototype 48-2, the one I'd like to build). "White 77" (48-3) was badly damaged in an hard landing during testing and rebuilt as a static display aircraft.
--
Yuri Rambelli

To send e-mail write "mclink" instead of "non.credoproprio" in the
Yuri wrote:

I posted a reply from work - but it doesn't seem to have propagated yet - so I'll repeat it here (from home).
Pending the release of a decent kit of the Yak-141 - why not have a go at scratchbuilding ??
Cue plug for my article at :- http://www.flankerman.fsnet.co.uk/modl_yak-141.html
It contains some photos of the real thing - showing the differences in the two machines - although at the time I photographed them, they both had side numbers of 141.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Ken Duffey - Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast Flankers Website - http://www.flankers.co.uk / ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:51:02 +0000, Ken Duffey

Your article on scratchbuilding a Freestyle is great (your "soviet" articles were one of the best features of the "old" SMI), but it takes me so much to build a "normal" kit (well, sometimes with some "plastic surgery") that it would take me years to completely scratchbuild a plane. Better wait for the kit...
I don't have the Aerofax book at hand, but if I'm not wrong the difference in side numbers between the 2 Yak-141 is that "48-2" (former "White 75", the flyable one) had the 141 in white with a thin red outline while the other (former "White 77") hadn't the red outline.
--
Yuri Rambelli
(still working on that Italeri Backfire: a lot of plastic surgery....)
Yuri wrote:

When I photographed them - one was at the airshow at Zhukovsky, the other was at the 'private' museum at Khodynka.
The one at Khodynka was later removed - along with a Yak-12 and a Yak-30.
A few years later, on another visit, we went to the Yakovlev museum - a few hundred yards from Khodynka along Lenigradsky Prospekt at the home of the Yakovlev OKB.
There, hidden behind some corrugated iron sheeting, was a Yak-141 airframe plus another fuselage painted in primer yellow that looked like a tandem, two-seat Yak-141.
The museum officials would not let us take any photos - nor would they answer any questions about the two-seater.
On another visit, as we were leaving the small museum, the OKB workers were removing the Yak-141 airframe from behind its hideaway. They were literally dragging it out with a small tractor. I managed to snap off a quick photo before we were ushered away.
They did say that it was being prepared for display on the forecourt of the museum - but it has not yet appeared on subsequent visits.
Ken
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Ken Duffey - Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast Flankers Website - http://www.flankers.co.uk / ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ISTR many years ago in either Jane's Defence Weekly or Jane's Soviet Intelligence Review they had a sketch of the 2 seater Yak-141. Don't know if I have it in my stash or not, but I do recall something like that.

Because I got vacu kit in progress :o)
-- Greetings Piotr

If you ask nicely, you may be able to get some decals through Aviapress; I visited the Monday evening Model Club in Moscow when I was there last year; a stall holder there had some copies of the decal sheet that was included in the hard-to-obtain vac-form kit (no kits unfortunately, though). I know the chap in question was involved with Tushino Aviapress, as it was back in 2000 when I bought a kit from him, although I don't know if he is now. I bought a sheet of the decals, but I can't seem to find them at the moment, so I couldn't say which aircraft are covered. Jon.
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:24:51 -0000, "Jonathan Stilwell"

Some time ago also Linden Hill Imports had some decal sheets usually available from Moscow Model Club (I remember a MiG-29 and a Ka-27 sheet). But, as they are released in very limited numbers, seems they are now available only at the Moscow Model Club. However I'll try asking at Aviapress once I have the kit, thanks for the hint.