AeroMaster decal mistake?

I recently received the "Marauding Invaders Pt.1" decals from AeroMaster so that I can model my RM 1/48 A-26C as a WW2 aircraft. I was rather surprised that the instructions for the WW2 aircraft has "USAF" going on the right wing surface. Unless I am wrong, this is clearly a mistake, since the United States Air Force is a post-war creation. Is anyone aware of any "precognitive" use of USAF during the war? Now I'm wondering how accurate the rest of the decals will be for my WW2-era A-26C.

Sean

Reply to
Sean

Go ahead and use the decals, they are very accurate ...except for the USAF markings, put them in the spares box or round file cabinet. One other thing, I can't find my reference right now, but I'm positive the aircraft in '45 were gloss black like the P-61's. Early in the war, flat black was shown to reflect searchlights wereas gloss didn't.

Reply to
HarryK01