[Air] Air/Space Annex

Hi all,

The Air/Space Annex is opening later this month, anyone going?

Anyone know what planes will be there?

Reply to
SamVanga

The latest copy of Air & Space Magazine, put out by the Smithsonian has a list of many of the planes that will eventually be on display. I believe it is on their web page for the magazine. Sorry I don't have the URL.

F Marion

Reply to
Francis Marion

I seem to recall that they are going to be doing some remodelling and refurbishment to parts of the Mall location. One thing they will be doing is reopening the art gallery that has been gone for a number of years.

John Benson ------------------------ IPMS El Paso Web Guy

John Benson

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you :)

Seriously I will be going to the new museum tomorrow, and will post a quick report.

I will also be taking several hundred photo's if possible.

Will never be as nice a restoration facility as Silver Hill IMHO...... I already miss SH a lot !!! Their engine hanger was just plain pricless, and were the other hangers, where one never knew what one would see when they opened them up. I used to go there a couple of times every year, and was on the last tour, now no more.... :-(......

Azzz1588

In article , SamVanga writes

Not this one, unfortunately. I enquired, and they still have (indefinite) plans to restore it. At whichever point I will fly the Atlantic to see it in action.

Commissioned in by the Smithsonian in 1980

Reply to
Chris Brown