Aircraft information Req

What was the name of the Westland Aircraft used by the GWR. Can you get a kit of it in 1/48. Thanks

Reply to
Paul

If I remember correctly the GWR operated the Westland Wessex for a while as part of "GWR Air Services" The Wessex (not to be confused with the helicopter produced by Westland) was a 3 engine design a little like the Ford tri-motor. If there is a kit available its likely to be one of the small run companies that makes it. Its possible that GWR also operated the De Havilland DH 86 and DH89 Rapides that were also used by the "Railway Air Service" I don't know where GWR figured in that organisation.

Reply to
Les Pickstock