Airfix WWI Battleships/Iron Duke

Used to have a great unbuilt collection of these, got lost over the years in a divorce! Are these WWI battleships and battle cruisers still being made? I remember the Iron Duke and perhaps a few others. Thanks,

Reply to
Count Floyd

The only WW I battleship Airfix ever made was HMS Iron Duke, as the rest were mostly WW II and related to the sinking of the Bismarck (e.g. HMS Hood, HMS Nelson, HMS Repulse, HMS Ark Royal, etc.) but all were

1/600 and as such out of the loop in today's 1/350-1/700-1/720 world.

Nevertheless they do get repopped - I think I recently saw four old WW II 1/600 destroyers in one box as a new set.

Cookie Sewell

PS love the screen name -- only guy I ever saw try and make "With Six You Get Egg Roll" into a 'scary movie, keeds!'

Reply to
AMPSOne

I think so.

Periodically reissued. Lately in multi-packs ie the four destroyers.

I have most of them.

British: Iron Duke, Warspite, Hood (= 1930's version NOT 1941) Repulse, King George V, Nelson, Ark Royal, Suffolk, Belfast, Edinburgh, Ajax, Hotspur, Cossack, Campbeltown (?) WW1 destroyer = 4 stacker

German: Bismarck (prefer Revell's = same scale) Scharnhorst early war before adding clipper bow, Graf Spee, Narvik Class German Destroyer

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
Sir Ridesalot

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com said the following on 16/08/06 23:04:

Try here [shop->warships];

"Narvik Class Destroyer, HMS Hotspur, HMS Cossack, HMS Campbeltown"

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

I have long thought that it is a shame so few models of WW1 warships exist. Especially HMS Dreadnaught. Here is one of the real historic ships- one that gave it's name to the whole class of modern battleships. I can not remember every seeing a model of the Dreadnaught. Was there one? I'd like to also build one of the British fast battlecruisers.

I am about to start on the Emden, so at least I will have ONE WW1 warship :-)

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

[...]

Don,

I realize paper (card stock) models aren't everybody's cup of tea, but there's a nice 1/700 paper model of HMS Dreadnought here:

It is in digital format (you print out the parts on a colour printer) but the price is right, as in free! Be sure to explore the rest of the site for other models and artwork.

Regards, Ralph

Reply to
Ralph Currell