squadron

i placed an order sunday night and it came today. except for back ordering the vac b29 canopies, it was correct. i bouth the pegasus dh2 kit on sale and i see what you guys meant about pegasus having nice kits but needing some degree of skill. it seems like a simple ac but the kit make it obvious it ain't no shake and bake. i believe my skills atr adequate and it should be fun. the hase 1/72 camel looks a lot easier. it could use some detailing but i suspect the hardest part will be sewing on the rigging. last kit was the rog 1/72 walrus, (yeah, i do have a thing for that ac.) it's a lot nicer than the matchbox, so many miles above the smer. i like the smer anyway because it's cheap, easy to sew and you can detail as much as you want. squadron still has some things going for it.

frank

not even close.....unless rog did a major upgrade and added parts. fuselage has subtle lines and struts are much more delicate. only thing looks close are the floats.

change that. i have two matchbox kits and it matches one of them. the other is quite a bit different on the fuselage but not the wings and floats. ok, i'm baffled.

no, they are both original matchbox boxes but one says mk1 and one says mk3. the rog kit is the mk1 and it's a very clean and flash free molding. but identical to the matchbox mk1.

Are both Matchboxes in the same boxes? If one's different it may say RoG on it somewhere in fine print. They may have freshened the moulds whilst still using Matchbox-style boxes.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

this link should clear things up

STinGaH

Verry interesting. I've seen two versions of Matchbox kits but they usually just changed configurations. I have the TF-104G, the Mirage IIIB and the Lightning T.55, all of which started as single-seaters. I've never seen the mouldings totally upgraded like that.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

the 3's aren't common. of my 12 matchbox, only one is a 3.

Remember what the one was that I sold you?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

yes, that's in the bill box. a mk1.

Funny, the bill box here is filled with slips of paper.

My point was that it is a fairly early Walrus kit. I expected it would be the less sophisticated version. Obviously RoG is behind that one Mk.3

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

the rog matches the match mk1 skips of paper, har, har!