New Airfix Jeep & Trailer

Picked up the new Airfix Jeep and trailer set yesterday. RRP is £3.99, which is what I paid. First impressions on opening the box are quite good, so what do you get?

Lid and tray type box containing 2 green sprues, 1 clear sprue, decal sheet, instructions and missing parts form. Box art is very nice. Title says "Willy 's Jeep"!

Instructions appear to be clear and straightforward, 2 sides of A3.

The green sprues contain about 53 nicely moulded parts. Some of the parts are very fine indeed and will need care in separating from the sprue and construction. There are no obviously intrusive ejector pin marks.

Options include a canvas top, which can be shown raised. There's no attempt to mould a "texture" on the canvas, which IMHO is a god thing! There's no folded top but there is a nicely moulded pillar mounted .30 Browning. Driver and gunner figures with separate arms are provided.

The clear sprue contains the Jeep headlights and the windscreen, which can be hinged.

The trailer is also very neat and comes with an oil drum, 3 ammo boxes and 4 jerry cans as a load.

Markings are provided for a vehicle of the 1st US Infantry Division in June

1944. Decals are branded "Heller" and look fine on the sheet. Primary colour for the Jeep is quoted as Humbrol 86 Light Olive, which is probably quite a good suggestion.

All in all, looks like a well produced and presented package. I will certainly be looking for the GMC truck and Landing Craft.

John

Reply to
John Walker

Hi,

Should I infer from the price that the scale is 1/72?

Reply to
SamVanga

Part of the D Day sets, there is supposed to be a large set with figures aand some embankment out soon.

The LC comes with string, quite nice.

Im gonna get one of each sooon

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

How does it compare to the Hasegawa and Academy jeeps? (Which I find very much alike.)

How are the wheel hubs? Are they correct, or are they like Hase/Acad? (I believe the best jeep so far in tiny scale must have been the Matchbox, from the kit with the Morris and the 17 pdr.)

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Hillerøe Petersen