squadron flyer

looks like they ditched the preorder section.
this months had a couple of things though,
the staaken and the pegasus dh2. good prices.
has anyone bought that staaken and what are gegaus kits
like?
Frankly, I miss the old, simple B/W flyer. Prices were a little better before the fancy flyers started coming, or so it seems...
Just my two cents. =-)
e wrote:
Reply to
Hey, It's Me!
check this link for pricing and images

STinGaH
What's a Squadron flyer?? Oh yeah, its that piece of 8th class mail I get the last few days of each month.... They are not gonna get my $5 next year for the flyer and catalog.....
Craig
Reply to
crw59
i actually ordered $25 worth of stuff. needed some more vaac canopies and a rev walrus.
The new flyer is closer to magazine quality.
Reply to
RobG
Yeah - even more so than the former IPMS/USA Journal...oops...did I say that?..
Reply to
Rufus
Make that 4¢. I was just thinking so myself, earlier today. Somehow all that colour art makes it hard to see individual items. Sadly, the art, at that size, doesn't carry well.
Pegasus kits can be, um, challenging. I've started a few and finished one. I hope to get the others finished eventually. Spare parts can be considered a necessary help when building a Pegasus kit.
Whilst doing up the HA Buchon I found a replacement Bf 109 canopy to be better than what came in the kit. I still have an Albacore and a Ryan FR-1 undone. I did have a Fulmar but passed it on when the Vista kit came out. I wish Vista had hung in there long enough to get their Albacore to market. IOW, if it's the only way you'll get one of those Type XA Wonderbirds, go with Pegasus.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
Oh yeah, I got mine today-y-y-y!
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
i got the dh2 because it looked simple. not too much junk and it can be sown together for rigging.
I got mine yesterday, and called about the Eduard Roland CII kit advertised for 60% off, of course they are sold out! Dave
Reply to
Dave Calhoun
They don't have a subscription section on the order form any more, that I could find.
I don't find the new format to be very searchable - most of the mfr. names are just type instead of being the logo, scales are a little mixed together, etc. My theory about them using photos instead of the old line drawings is that nobody has to do the art - they can just scan the stuff in from boxart or wherever.
I've never been a flyer shopper anyway... Mine does come quick, though.
Reply to
Andrew DeBoer