October Squadron Flyer - 25% off Everything in the flyer

Mmmm. even with 25% off the prices are a bit high - or is this just a different way for them to promote the prices they usually charge. the prices do not seem that far off from what their regular flyer prices.

have not bought from them in over a year as whatever I want is not in stock, and they don't backorder. Used to be a good place to shop, but now its really a waste of time.

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

the smer 1/50 walrus went from $7.69 to over $13 in 2 years. almost double. i would hate to see squadron fold, but that's a lot. someprices seemd the same, though.

Reply to
someone

I don't buy a lot of kits any more but they seem to be about the same as other US stores.

They do have deals worth getting. For example, in September I bought the

360 pp HB book on Soviet tracked artillery tractors ("Tyagatshi") for ~$15 instead of the $60 it normally goes for.

KL

"Musicman59" wrote

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

I think most European prices have risen as the value of the dollar has slipped. NKR Models' prices seem to have risen also so Squadron may not be out of line. Then again, I don't shop with a wide array of places so maybe my view is skewed.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
William Banaszak

i don't think so. the dollar is just fiat money, readily converted to wiemar currency and of equal value.....

Reply to
someone

icman59

Hey, does that mean that my RM100 000 note is actually ~worth~ something?

Reply to
The Old Man

Their prices are no higher than other sources, and they do have good sale prices. I've been ordering almost monthly lately- every month seems to have good bargain on something.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

deoending on which note and condition. a vu might have real value while a used not may not. it's like confederate money. there are also many fakes out there.

Reply to
someone

The Old Man wrote: : : Hey, does that mean that my RM100 000 note is actually ~worth~ : something? : Be more worried that a 100 Trillion Dollar Zimbabwe note may one day be more valuable than a US dollar...

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

So have I. Mostly I've been picking off book bargains but occasionally I find a good price on Attack kits.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
William Banaszak

I thought the prices on the Czech Models kit were pretty good. Got the FR-1 ($9.99), XF2R-1 ($9.99) and the SO3C-1 ($13.99)f which I thought were pretty good prices, especially considering not that long ago, I couldn't find a SO3C-1 on eBay for less than $60, so I figured, well, I'll never get one of those. I realize these kits are going to be a challenge to build, but hey, I completed the XP-55 Ascender, how much worse can these be? lol Here's some shots of my XP-55:

Comments welcome.

Reply to
Don McIntyre

snip

Very nice. If I were half that good I'd be happy...

Reply to
R. Franklin

Do you know if the Air Force ever figured out the joke in the name?

Reply to
tomcervo

quoted text -

My buddy's dad worked for Curtiss-Wright in Buffalo during the war. According to him, that name had been applied for over six months before the brass at the factory every picked up on it (it was usually refered to as the P-55 Project or the worknumber project) and although they were livid, the name had been released to the press and they couldn't take it back. There ~were~ a lot of red faces there over this.

Reply to
The Old Man

Nicely done, Don. Is the interior freelance or based on photos? Either way, nice work.

T2

Reply to
Tom