New October Squadron flyer

Looks like they cut back on the quality of the paper. I really liked the last few, almost magazine quality. The October 06 one has the same format but is of the same quality newsprint as supermarket tabloids.

Reply to
RobG

That explains why mine was shredded when I finally got it......

Reply to
The Old Man

So what? They are only made to last for a month at the most until the next flier comes out. It makes no sense to me why anyone would print a monthly flier on more expensive bond only to have it tossed 30 days later. If it were me I would print on the lightest, cheapest bond I could fine. FWIW

Rusty White

Reply to
Rusty White

It never fails to amaze me that the flyers come wrinkled and torn but some outfit keeps sending me loose advertising bi-weekly and it arrives in fine shape. It's some of the nicest stuff on my recycling pile. I've never looked at it whilst I'm transporting it to the pile. I get enough of the same crap in every Sunday paper, why do I need more?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Sounds like someone's got his panties in a knot. I made no comments about the level of quality being good or bad thing, just that I liked the higher quality paper. I was just relaying what the new flyers are like. Apparently you are reading something my post that isn't there.

For the record, my flyer came in perfect order.

Reply to
RobG

This conversation brought on a bit of a nostalgia flash-back for me. I still have about a dozen or so Squadron catalogs that they used to put out in the early 70s. These were truly magazine quality with color covers, semi-glossy heavy paper stock, etc, etc.. Along with having pages and pages of stuff Squadron sold, they also had interesting articles, interviews with movers and shakers in the hobby/industry. I still go back and read them from time-to-time.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

There are so many places now that just don't have any flyers or catalogs so you have no choice at all. You have to go to what ever web site it is that they have.

I think it's just great that Squadron still sends out flyers like they do and their yearly catalog is almost like a book nice thick pages and everything. Their paper quality seems to be about the same as those thin paper catalogs I get that are selling books and stuff. After all , it all gets down to the weight when you deal with the Post Office so the weight of the paper seems pretty common if you get a lot of catalogs. I get several that seem to be even ''thinner'' than the Squadron one.

Just my ''three or four'' cents worth here

... Carl ..........

,,

Rama-Lama-BIG-BORG ; BORG TEMPLE N.Y. Central-Park-West ; Master Builder of blessed temple KITS ; Keeper of Secret Temple Decoder Rings & Bracelets ; Fluent-in-1st--Degree--TALK-to-the-HAND

--TEMPLE-ETTE--Guards--SIX--&--SEVEN--

The----WORLD--WIDE--WEB----is totally jam packed with thousands of people who are Destined to be nothing more then a faded weatherbeaten

---CHALK--OUTLINE--- along the---INFORMATION--SUPER--HIGHWAY---

This is My Main Modeling Page and Web-Site

And Introducing "SPOT -the- CAT"

Yessss , I'm the -real- "Bad Santa"
quick LooK into My Life

cyberborg 4000

boy, I can't wait until October 31 before I get mine!

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Happy Halloween! ;~/

Reply to
Bill Woodier

childhood is one long day, adolescense a wild weekend, the work career an endless milinneia and post 40 a blur of half remembered places to lose keys.

Heh, I picked up the 'new' "Combat Aircraft" (September 2006) last week at the store and found a contest going on. The kicker was that correct answers had to be there by August 31. I think I missed that date. ;]

I was also informed that the Viggens have all been stood down last Spring. There's another airplane I remember from its prototype days. The firstborn will be 36 this month. Who put time on fast forward?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Mine rolled in two days ago. That's earlier than it has been in the previous three months.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

mine comes on the 3rd, always. reminds me to pay the rent.

I forget which kit it is but I noticed today that the old price was lined out and the new sale price was the same amount. Maybe all the colour is making it harder to proof the text.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller