Squadron rant

Has anyone else had problems with orders from Squadron lately?
I put in an order several months ago.They were out of stock and sent
back my money order without proper endorsement,and I had to go to my
mother's bank and show both our IDs just to get my money
back.Embarrassing and unneccessary.
Last month I placed an order.I received one of the four models I
ordered,none of the books,and alternates to some decals.They didn't
send me a refund on the difference.I wrote and asked for my refund.It
took 3 days for a reply,saying that a refund would be mailed the next
week.Three weeks later,I write again.3 more days,and I am told that a
request for the refund has been placed.
Now someone tell me how I go from a promise of a refund to a
request,and why I should have to request it.It was a small amount of
money,but hey it's still mine,and every penny counts these days.
Any ideas on this one?
This is my forth problem with a Squadron order in 2 years.Time to stick
with some of the other excellent mail order companies I guess...
Reply to
eyeball
is the 2006 catalogue out? i never got one and the flyer keeps getting later and later. it seems they are kind of sloppy on orders here, too. little problems they fix, but who need the annoyance. i hate to see a good company tubing.
I THINK the 06 catalog is out,but ever since they redesigned the flyer and changed the web page I've found less and less of interest.With my current problems I'll be concentrating on ordering elsewhere. It does seem as if they don't really care about smaller orders anymore.
e wrote:
Reply to
eyeball
If the '06 catalog has the '05 kit of the year on the cover, then I have an '06 catalog.
If not, then I'm left puzzling with everyone else...
Reply to
Rufus
: Has anyone else had problems with orders from Squadron lately? : Assuming this isn't a troll...
1) Order by telephone. Then you know what is/is not in stock 2) Pay using a credit card. : : This is my forth problem with a Squadron order in 2 years.Time to stick : with some of the other excellent mail order companies I guess... : Sounds like it.
Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Burden
they used to send a catalogur to everyone. but i think you're right.
My last order (June 06) was the first one in many years that wasn't completely filled. I ordered several items, normally totalling around $50-60. I ordered via the website like I usually do. This time, only half the items were in stock. First time that has happened when ordering from the website.
I get the annual catalog as well as the monthly flyer. I've noticed the flyer making it to the mailbox on or around the first of the month. This year they are coming before the 1st of the month on a regular basis.
Reply to
RobG
At least they will still sell you things. I have been black listed at Squadron for some time now and was even told so by one of their employees, and I had been spending a lot of money with them for some time too. All because I told you guys not to worry about being able to get the once new 1/48 Monogram ME-410 kits. I was told how many they had shipped and I passed it along here. Not knowing it was some sort of a secret, Then I get a irate phone call from one of them over it. Later, this same individual called another manufacturer I purchased kits wholesale from to complain to him that I was selling them at a discount. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!? Hell I was just clearing out some kits i had sitting on the shelf for over a year and there were only 3 of them! Glad to see they are starting to reep what they sew.
Mike
Reply to
Mike West
I got my 2006 catalogue but I haven't placed an order for several months. The last time I had several back orders and they showed up shipped free as advertised.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
It has the 1/24th P-40B on the cover.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
Gee, Mike, I thought that I was alone.
Maybe they should bring the schoolyard bully back? :-)
A friend orders anything that I want from them, it's just that I havn't seen anything for awhile. It used to be that the people working there would do just about anything to make you happy. I even get catalogs and monthly sheets thanks to one of the crew there, just blacklisted from ordering anything direct.
Somewhere Bo is shaking his head in sad disbelief.
Tom
Mike West wrote:
Reply to
maiesm72
I'd have to agree with this statement. I too have received my 2006 catalog and sometimes the flyer gets here on the first, sometimes later. Fortunately I realize its not Squadron's but the USPS fault for that.
As for orders, I've noticed that if you place an order early in the month for sale items you will almost never go wrong, however should you wait til the end of the month then you miss out sometimes.
As for "other excellent businesses", I placed an order last Thursday for 4 1/35 scale tanks, 2 1/48 aircraft and 2 1/144 bombers and they were on my doorstep when I got home Friday afternoon.
Personally, I can't ask for much better,
Cheers, Tom
Reply to
tomservo
...then I don't have one either. :(
Reply to
Rufus
the curse of the Beamish?
Reply to
crw59
I place an order with Sqaudron about once a month over the internet using a credit card and have never had a problem.
I get my order about 5 days after it is placed. I use FedEx ground.
I prefer them to the other internet hobby shops. Had nothing but problems with greatmodels.com
Reply to
lbjo
Squadron used to be the best.But in the last year or two it's really given me problems.As someone else mentioned in another post,I've also had several orders where I was told it was out of stock only to be in the next months flyer.I've had problems whether I order online with a card or through the flyer using a money order,seems to make no difference,in their indifference! S> I place an order with Sqaudron about once a month over the internet using a
Reply to
eyeball
I thought Squadron was sold to a new owner (or owners?) a little while back. Is this the case?
eyeball wrote:
Reply to
Hey, It's Me!
The crux of all the comments seems to be that that is the reason for the problems! I haven't ordered from them since the "new broom" took over, but in all my previous orders, and some were not small $$, the service was excellent. If the new management is falling down on the job I will be very disappointed.
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
"eyeball" wrote
So, what, they can't receive more between the time you place an order and the following month? Once they declare something out of stock they are forbidden from ever carrying that item again?
On top of that, it is perfectly acceptable for a company to set aside a given quantity of an item to sell at a certain price and declare that item/price combination "out of stock" when gone, even though they may have 50,000 of the same item at regular prices sitting next to them. That's what the "Sale limited to stock on hand/Limited quantities" stuff is all about. It is along the same lines as "Melons 60 cents/lb - Limit 4" at the grocery store.
KL
Reply to
Kurt Laughlin
----- Original Message ----- From: "eyeball" Newsgroups: rec.models.scale Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 8:58 PM Subject: Squadron rant
What's embarrassing about having to show proper ID to cash a check?
KL
Reply to
Kurt Laughlin