Squadron rant

eyeball wrote: : : As someone else mentioned in another post,I've also : had several orders where I was told it was out of stock only to be in : the next months flyer. : Shrug. How long was the AmTech P-61 in the "advanced purchase" list? Anybody got one yet? Does AmTech still exist, for that matter? :-(

Squander makes up their flyer in advance, preferably on items that they _reasonably_ expect to be in stock when you recieve the flyer. Anybody got their AmTech XP-47Q or XP-72(?) yet? :-(

Walthers had a HO scale (1/87) Edmund Fitzgerald from Resin Unlimited in their model railroad catalog for YEARS. Finally, they dropped any mention of the "Fitz", but they do have some RU products in their catalog today.

"When will the Fitz dock?" became a joke at the LHS.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

FWIW Another piece of long promised "vapor ware" has been the 1/48 scale Short Sunderland flying boat from, I think it was Fonderie Miniatures. They are also promising a 1/48 Dornier Do-24 flying boat more recently.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

William H. Shuey wrote: : : FWIW Another piece of long promised "vapor ware" has been the 1/48 : scale Short Sunderland flying boat from, I think it was Fonderie : Miniatures. They are also promising a 1/48 Dornier Do-24 flying boat : more recently. : Sorry, Bill, but the Sunderland actually made it to the shelves - you missed them by perhaps 5 years. I belive that Squander had them around the time of the Dallas IPMS Nats.

Got one. Sort of what you would expect from FM - it is thick, a bit crude, but who ya gonna call? :-)

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Bruce Burden wrote: : : Got one. Sort of what you would expect from FM - it is : thick, a bit crude, but who ya gonna call? :-) : Oops - it was actually made by Sinifer. You could build a Mk III - V.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden