model od

i mailed of a smer walrus done for a friend and started a airfix vulcan for another friend. it is a slow fill and let dry as you guys know, so i wanted to work on another kit. i looked at the stash and got overwhelmed because i couldn't pick, anyone else ever get builder's block? is there a cure?

Build a kit for a kid with the full knowledge that it isn't long for this world.

Tried building a kit a week before a contest . That was in May...:-(

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Believe me, "builder's block" (in terms of which model to start next) is

*NOT* a problem with me at the moment! I have no fewer than 13 unfinished kits "on the bench", and it's taking quite a bit of willpower on my part not to start several more! My main problem is that I don't always have *time* to work on them. Also; I tend to run into the dreaded "waiting-for-the-paint/glue/whatever-to-dry" syndrome that has me skipping to another model, and it slows my progress on *everything*...
Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

only takes a couple of months if get it :-(

Erik Wauters, Belgium

"e" schreef in bericht news:v_1Lc.20056689$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynews.com...

Reply to
Erik Wauters

What works for me is to go to the bookstore and browse the magazines and books... There is almost always something that sparks my interest.

FredD I'm building as fast as I can!

Reply to
RedFred1

Gott sei Dank! Another one with the same affliction!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I've only managed a deadline like that once-- it was the MAI Payen Flechair (!)

As to builder block, I usually have more trouble finding time than finding stuff on which to work, but I really was blocked the last couple of months. That was mainly because I was mentally fatigued from building the Sword S-43 flying boat--it came out nice, but it was really tough, and I just couldn't face any of the other really tough things that were in progress on the bench. This last week, I looked over all my kits for subjects that were easy builds but still really cool. I settled on an Aoshima 1/72 Ta 152H, then, for grin's sake, I also pulled out the DML Ta 152C kit to do a side-by -side build, though that's not quite so easy. I haven't done a lot with either yet, but it did get me back at the brench, where I've also been working on some of my other projects. So I'd suggest you focus on [1] easy-to-build, meaning good quality, not too many parts, and not a biplane or with floats or twin booms and [2] which you personally find really cool.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Yup. Nope.