all white?

i just saw an all white sunderland in a war time film. didn't even have the two tone hi top fade. never knew they existed.
time to finish restoring the one i got from bill b, methinks.
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

Hmmm...I can't recall ever seeing a photo of a Sunderland that wasn't all white.
I once had a tour of one as a kid and loved every minute of it. We were on holiday in South Wales and it was based in Port Talbot.
I was so impressed with it that I bugged and bugged until my parents bought me a 1/72 Airfix kit of one. It hung from my bedroom ceiling on fishing line for many years along with about 30 pals! ;-)
--
Larry Green

most that i've seen i war pics or films had the white up the fuselage to the canopy botton. the wings, narrow strip of fuselage and tail were painted in the faa 2 color. some also just had the fuselage white on the bottom like a normal 3 color. i think that very late in the war they were all white. i have a longstanding fantasy of owning and living in one and going whereve whatever money i earn takes me when i'm sick of a place. someone in au used one as a houseboat and there was a minus wing/motors and tail surfaces lived in in florida in the early 50's. damn things were big enough. be kinda hard to park the motorbikes, dammit. now that would be a photo; my speed twin and a white sunderland.