cookie s

did tigers and king tigers have mg's on the commander's cupola? any, none,early, late? thanks

Reply to
someone

Most of the later ones appear to have either had the fittings for the ring that the mount attached to or the mount itself, but you don't really seem to see that many with the machine gun actually rigged up.

Most of the recent kits come with the ring and a few with the mount, but none with the machine gun.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

thanks. i just did the old tamiya early tiger and the king tiger and i was hoping they did. but i've never seen one in photo or film so i guess they were too rare. i just like having a 34 or 42 hanging there. adds to the detail, but if it generally ain't right... as always, appreciate the help.

Reply to
someone

A Tiger was only issued with two machine guns. The coaxial machine gun was supposed to be dismounted inside the turret and fitted to the cupola ring for antiaircraft defense, as needed (no doubt, some enterprising crews probably acquired an extra machine gun for the purpose). Gerald Owens

Reply to
Gerald Owens

ok. never seen any pics on panthers or tigers and i want them on my kits! i suspect that tiger crews found it depressingly easy to pick up spare mg's. my dad told me 42's were so common in normandy that they had orders threatening court martial to anyone even carrying one, much less using it against the germans. he said there were 3 serious friendly fire incidents, which he defined as some higher ranked combat officers got killed.

Reply to
someone