Trumpeter Wellington

Ha anyone built either of the Trumpeter Wellington kits? Any opinions on them?

Reply to
Mike

One of the Gents in the Baltimore IPMS had one at our meeting a couple of months back. Frankly, after all the hullabaloo about the "basket weave" surface I saw on the web I found the finished model rather good. I bought one and may get another one day.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
Bill Shuey

yeah, i think the "unbuilable" yahoos over reacted a bunch. the builds i found on the web looked fine. i saw one with red spryed interior and the framing picked out in gray and it was great. damn price is killing me right now.

Reply to
someone

I'd like a Coastal Command version, but I'm seriously thinking about the regular bomber. Always liked the Wimpy, myself.

Reply to
Jim Atkins

coastal command ac are just so damn cool looking. the sunderland with the white almost all the way up and color just on the very top has got to be one of the coolest looking as of all time. get one with some hours on it and the weathering is triple amazing. a cc wimpy is way up there on the coolness meter too. wish i could build both. did the cc wimpeys carry depth charge racks externally, too?

Reply to
someone