Trumpeter kits...

What's you opinion of Trumpeter kits in general? I've not purchased nor seen one out of box so I thought I'd draw on the opinions of the modelling gods.

Thanx, Grandpa John

Reply to
John DeBoo

I love them for their subject selection and complexity.

On the down side, they do seem to suffer numerous ejector pin marks, and some of the plastic used is a bit on the "hard" side.

But I plan to continue buying and building them, and wouldn't recommend against them.

Reply to
Rufus

Early Trumpeter were bad copies of Tamiya or Academy kits with motorization. After their M1 series, they took a turn for the better and right now produce some very fine models. Quality is very high and the subjects are varied. Their LCM(3) is very nice and I like their Chinese Jeeps.

Reply to
rgronovius

I have 5 kits and have seen several others, and I find them pretty good. On the expensive side and not for beginners. Especially their F-4U series are tricky with the wingfold and flaps. Keep buying them, and we'll have more good kits to choose from.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

It would be nice if they were just a bit more careful about research, etc. However, it's also nice to know they are willing to admit and correct mistakes; their 1/32 scale Wildcat comes to mind where they actually cut/modified the molds to fix the major problems.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Part of the research problem is they don't want to pay real research fees. Another problem is they often have several "researchers" providing information and often the information conflicts and of course they don't tell the researchers about the others doing the same research.

Reply to
Ron

"On the expensive side" Must reflect upon your local currency value at time stocks purchased? - check the prices (12.5% included GST is deducted for exports) at

Compared to your LHS. Trumpeter kits are very competitively priced in this country. "and not for beginners" Depends whether you are into high detail class models or the many regular kits which are suitable for class 1 modellers, even a number of the aircraft carriers are supplied with operating gearboxes and drive shafts for less than US$50.

regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

"John DeBoo" skrev i en meddelelse

Reply to
A.T.