Trumpeter to shelve Wellington

Not sure if this is old news but for those waiting for Trumpeters Vickers

1/48 Wellington you'll be waiting a long time.

Shame, I was looking forward to re-doing one of my first ever kits.

Spence

Reply to
Warty

Where did you hear this? If they can do flamethrowers they better do a Wimpy. tia

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Hannants.

Always come out with more than I went in with.

Spence

Reply to
Warty

vaproware?

Reply to
someone

What?

Reply to
Warty

promised but really only vapoor in the air. like a real pc os.

Reply to
someone

Reply to
Warty

sorry for the geekspeak.

Reply to
someone

Kinda like the opposite of marriage. DOH!!!!!

Max Bryant

Reply to
M Bryant

Sort of like the 1/48 Sunderland and Dornier Do-24 promised by one of the French outfits. I think they start these rumors as a sort of "market research" thing to see how much interest the rumor generates before investing any time or money in real molds. The latest "promise" is a

1/48 scale Handley Page Halifax.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

and that wellington?

Reply to
someone

Squadron has it pictured on their "coming soon" page. I doubt they'd take part in rumourmongering (at least intentionally.) If FM has it that far along they'll release it. Trumpeter OTOH may have bitten off more than it can chew. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

This discussion of vapourware reminds me of a cartoon in "Model Railroader" originally published in the '50s. The boss calls the engineer into his office and says, "Maybe we should get around to producing that 2-10-8-6-4 we've been advertising for the past year."

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller