Any one make 1/72 US Navy sailors?

Hi, I noticed since the 1/72 Revell U-boat was released, there are numerous German crewmen available, in both resin & white metal, all in beautiful action or relaxed poses. does anyone make similar figures for US navy sailors for a 1/72 PT boat? I would really like some with the typical white sailor caps instead of the steel helmets, but have not been able to find these guys anywhere. Dave

Reply to
Dave

Some of the Revell 1/72 PTs came with figures.

Can't think of any others off the top of my head.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Hecker & Goros, which makes a number of 1/72 U Boat figure sets, also make a set of US Figures. They are designed to be used with a landing craft but could certainly be used for a PT. They have steel helmets, however.

Milicast makes a number of figures which could also be used. There are two sets of US Amtrack crews which could be used. These also have helmets. Milicast has also introduced a couple of landing craft crew sets which could be useful, one US, one UK. Both sets offer seperate heads including sailor caps as an option.

A number of wargamming companies, including Battlefield Miniatures, offer landing craft crewmen, all with helmets.

Finally, there are figures supplied not only in the Revell PT kit, but in the Tamiya PT-15 which could be used for PT crew. Again, these have helmets except for one officer that comes with the Revell PT.

My suggestion for sailor caps would be to perform transplants using the heads from figures from the Tamiya Vosper, Airfix Vosper and Revell Corvette.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Levine

Thanks for the info Mark. The guys that came with the Revell PT kit look terrible, stiff as boards and not a wrinkle on their uniforms. I think that the Milicast landing craft crew sounds the best bet, or at least to use thier heads. Amyone have any extra crewmen from the Revell Vosper, Tamiya torpedo boat or Revell Corvette they don't need? I'd consider using them, but don't want to purchase the entire kit to get them. also, anyone know where to buy the Milicast figures in the US or online? Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave

If milicast dont ship, or below min ship value to US let me know, i can get some from them and forward them to you. Im saving up for a couple of sets of items myself.

Its none of that xmas festive spirit crap, i hate xmas etc but dont min dhelping you out.

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Milicast has its own website. I've been ordering from Tom at Milicast direct for years and have never had a problem with shipment to the USA. I also order Milicast from Philip at Tracks N Troops. Again, never had a problem with his service to the USA.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Levine