Anyone in the US do me a favour?

Hey all...

Found something on a US website, but they refuse to ship to the UK...bah. the item i want, is only 8 bucks (i might get a couple though or so)..

wondering if anyone can order them for me, get them sent to your address, and forward them to me...

they wont even let me pay, so i can pay you by paypal and the charge, or send you US $'s by snail mail...

Its a gift for someone, whos BD is next month..

If anyone can, drop me a email please (this email or one on my homepage) Hope everyones ok...... cyaa

Reply to
Jules

offer a swap...

You'll buy something in Europe for the same price that they'll pay for your item in the US, and then you swap the item they bought for the item you bought. That way there's no need to exchange $$$

John

Jules wrote:

Reply to
John O. Kopf

but trouble is, there might be nothing that anyone wants at the mo....or at simular price, done this before over the years but its hit n miss and could be a long time before someone wants something about the same value

Reply to
Jules

As you are being evasive about what the item is, I'm wondering if it's something illegal in the EU?

Will the buyer have to tell lies on the custom's declaration form?

mh

Reply to
max

lol no i was wasnt being evasive....they just wont ship outside the US

all it was, was a pair of socks, a cookie cutter and a er....forgot. its for a ex, whos birthday is next month and has a thing for anything llama....so socks with llamas on, a llama shaped cutter etc. simple as...

someone has sent me a message offering to help.

Reply to
Jules

thats a new one on me....but be either too young to get it, or cos im a limey lol

Reply to
Jules

is her name carl? (jimmy neutron joke.)

Reply to
someone

"Jules" wrote in news:8t6Fm.56884$mz7.12023 @newsfe07.ams2:

Helps to have kids. ;)

Reply to
Gray Ghost

you're not too young. and i bet he's on one of your alternate channel's kid's programming. don't you guys get a version of that bastion of american cultures, cartoon network? anyway, carl weezer is a friend, (a rather stupid and pathetic one.) of jimmy neutron, boy genius. despite being trite and formulaic, it's good for mindless background while building. or sleeping. whatever. carl loves llamas.

Reply to
someone

or way too much television.

Reply to
someone

ah cool, that explains who he is....yeah we get that channel, when the kids talk about bob square pants etc goes above my head....

the website i saw, its some woman (has to be, no guy would go crazy,and do a whole wesbite for anything llama.....and i mean everything!)

wont ship outside the US, which is a pity, cos i wanted to get around 20 differant llam things, from books, to sewing stuff, slippers, hats etc etc was gonna spend a fair few quid, but their loss........

Just wanted a couple now, as i saw them, told my ex about the socks, then noticed they wouldnt accept my payment or ship, hence needed someone to get them for me, and forward em....

Reply to
Jules

i would have gladly done it but i could not meet your time constraints. if there's ever something else, ask me. i think you have my email?

Reply to
someone

Jules wrote: : : Just wanted a couple now, as i saw them, told my ex about the socks, then : noticed they wouldnt accept my payment or ship, hence needed someone to get : them for me, and forward em.... : How does the ex feel about alpaca? Not a llama, but a close relative.

Anybody heard from "Ralph the wonder llama" recently?

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

name the other two family members.

Reply to
someone

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote: : : name the other two family members. : Guanaco

Vicuna, although it is not in the same genus as llama, alpaca and guanaco. It has its own genus within the camelus family.

or did you mean Ralph and Marie Cleland, father and mother, respectively?

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

i meant dromedary and bactrian....

Reply to
someone

Just humpin' along....

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
William Banaszak

er....forgot.

I dont know why they company wouldnt accept from outside the US buyers, esp with something like that.....everything to do with llama's, that cant be easily, or found in Europe, most of the kits i used to buy came from the US (sometimes 50 or so at a time from a single seller)

This website didnt accept paypal, just payments available to the US, so only thing i could have done is sent US bills, if they would have let buy em..

If anyone can order them for me (website says they try to ship within 24 hours), i think it was a max of $40 plus shipping in the next few days (the birthday is in 2 weeks)......that would be great.

A couple of things on the website, they get from Germany (so can get them direct) but the little things i want....cant find em anywhere else at all.

Reply to
Jules

William Banaszak wrote: : : Just humpin' along.... : Funny you should say that, considering that "Dirty Jobs" was about camels, including humping camels. Apparently no bull did not have performance anxiety.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

i'm useless until 11/3.