Are There Any Aircraft Carrier Kits around from Korea to Vietnam era?

All I am finding are kits with post 1980's refits, etc.

Anything out there that I can fill a deck with Panthers or Phantoms?

thx - Craig

Reply to
crw59

On Mar 2, 10:51=EF=BF=BDam, " snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net" wrot= e:

Dragon's Essex's should suit. The Bonhomme Richard is in Korean War mode, while the Antietam is in first angled deck mode--early and late-- with Cutlasses on deck.

Reply to
tomcervo

Most of the Midway class were kept in service during that period, weren't they?

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

thx much. just put them in my tower hobbies wish list ! yeah, 2 more kits I'll never build.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Revell used to have quite a few aircraft carrier kits, some of which were Korean or Vietnam war vintage as far as aircraft went. There was also a very large Aurora kit of the Enterprise with Vietnam era aircraft.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

That narrows it down to a very specific point in time, given the F7U's short service life.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Somewhere around here I have the airplanes from a large Forrestal. The planes were Demons, Cutlasses, and S2Fs, rounded out with CH-46s. I also have some Phantoms, but that may be from another kit.

Reply to
mholt

Well, for Korea the new DML/Dragon releases should be nice, in 1:700 scale: Boxer in Korea fit, and one more I forget the name now.

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

IIRC, Revell made 1/500-something kits of the Midway Class carriers. I had the Coral Sea and the FDR at one time. Both were passed on to others since.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Revell's 1/720 big E used to have F4s and A4s. Don't know whats in the newer issues This subject came up a while back when I was looking for early '60s box scale A/C to use on a project (Thanks Again Bill!) With all the big carriers Trumpeter is/was throwing out, it should have been a no brainer to do converted long and short hulled Essex classes, to fill this void. Even if they made seperate bow and stern sections (and sponsons to go with the new deck) for us to swap in would be nice.

Reply to
chuck ryan

No. Boxer is in LPH mode, with 8 helos on deck.

Reply to
tomcervo

Antietam and Bonne Homme Richard, one in 1951 the other in 1956 fit with angled flight deck.

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

You can't go by name alone. Look up each ship's picture or description to see the aircraft outfit--after the LPH's, the sub hunters are next with a deck fit of S2F's.

Reply to
tomcervo