Are we our own worst enemy?

And now it's at number 1, with the new Fulmar at No 9 and the TBD at number

  1. Just wait till the Xtrakit Sea Vixen is released. I bet that goes straight in at number 1.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

The perils of working rather than spending all my time keeping up! When is that coming out? What scale? I suspect it will be 1/72 but I could still be tempted. Really I want a 1/48 one, every time the Dynavector appears on EvilBay it goes over £60 and there's absolutely no way I'm doing that.

Reply to
Flakmonkey

It will probably be available in the next week or so. I have two on order.

Like the Xtrakit Meteor, it will by an MPM production. MPM will also be releasing the FAW1 version in due course.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Ah, I see. Interesting to see XP924 in its RAE markings there. Thankfully no Red Bull decals provided for "that" period of its life by the looks of things.

Reply to
Flakmonkey

If this were a Revell kit, those would be the main marking options.

I bet that someone releases a decal sheet for the Red Bull scheme, though.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I fear you could be right. The only salvation may be Red Bull wanting a license fee for their trade marks, hopefully that will discourage people.

Reply to
Flakmonkey

You never know... It's quite possible that Red Bull might produce the decal sheet themselves.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

are the mpm boxings consistent quality? i have a bv 141, and it's almost excellent.

Reply to
someone

The only MPM kit that I have built is the Metoer F8 (actually the Xtrakit boxing). It's of very high quality but as a short-run kit it has some (very) minor issues. For instance, there are no locating pins in the fuselage halves. It's never going to fall together like a Tamigawa kit but then Tamigawa are never going to produce a Meteor F8.

I believe that MPM and Special Hobby are essentially the same company. I have a Special Hobby F-86H in my stash. I was rather impressed with that. Again, no locating pins but that's par for the course. If the Sea Vixen matches these kits then I'll be pretty much ecstatic.

I'm very much looking forward to this kit. I already have the Xtradecal sheet and I've picked out my choices, one from Victorious and one from Eagle. Maybe I *am* my own worst enemy because even if this kit were a re-pop of the old FROG kit, I'd still buy some!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

you're doomed, DOOMED! i tell ya. your only safe course of action is to build, and build and hope you can build your way to true the nerdvana all kit builders seek. the bv 141 kit is basically the same as your kits, so i'm not too worried. i can handle no pins since i usually knock those off first thing so i can make the halves line up. i often glue them seperatly so i can avoid seams to sand. i may need to build a sea vixen, were they used by the faa?

Reply to
someone

oops, i was thinking of a completely different ac! i was thinking of the carrier version spit, don't ask me why. something with 8 contra rotators and a square wing. i don't know where that picture came from. yeah, faa....duh. but now i want to build a a vixen. damn, de havilland, too. thanks bill.

Reply to
someone

Uh, yeah. I don't recall anyone else ever flying one. Well, the RAE but they didn't leave British service.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller