Auto question Shelby GT-500

I'm asking this for a friend. The 1968 Shelby GT-500 . Did it have twin white stripes in the centre of the car going from the hood, over the passenger compartment and finishing on the trunk?

I hope someone can answer this.

Thanks in advance. Alan

Reply to
Alan Kelly

Most only had stripes on the rocker panels.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

It was an option. Doing a Google image search for "1968"+"GT-500" finds examples both with and without the centre stripes.

Scott.

Reply to
scotty68

Reply to
R. Wink

My cousin has a '68 500K convertable (he's the original owner). No - it only has stripes on the lower rocker panels beneath the doors.

Reply to
Rufus

Somewhere around here I have a pic of a '68 in gold. The only stripes on that ran along the rocker panels. They were white.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller