B-24 main landing gear tire size

To any B-24 Liberator expert out there...can you tell me what the main landing gear tire size is? Is it different than the nose landing gear tire?

Reply to
Phil M.

Here ya go:

WmB

WmB

I just browsed my copy of the Warbird Tech volume on the B-24 and there was no info on the tires. IIRC the main landing gear are definitely larger than the nose. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Yes - the nose tire is smaller...

Rufus

To any B-24 Liberator expert out there...can you tell me what the main landing gear tire size is? Is it different than the nose landing gear tire?

******** In the book, The B-24 Liberator, by Allan G. Blue gives the main gear size for a B-24D as 56 inches in diameter and the nose wheel as 36 inches in diameter.

Cheers Jim.

Reply to
Jim