Best Jap Zero

Hi,

Which manufacturer produces the most accurate Jap Zero model ( any scale)?

Jim Klein

Reply to
West Coast Engineering

How's your bank balance?

Tom Cervo

Japan during WWII....Scale 1:1

Sorry, couldn't resist! Eric

Reply to
Eric Ferguson

Yeah! We would all like to be rich enough to collect 1:1 scale. wouldn't we? What did they say in that thread about warbird prices? Spitfire $1.6 million. Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

what, no shelf space?

Reply to
Craig

Maybe I'm megalomaniacal but I like having the planes the size I can hold in my hands. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

There are three flying, two in the U.S and one in New Zealand, I believe. There are about 6 more in various museums around the world. Some guy in California has got a load of parts from the jungle on one of the Pacific Islands and hopes to have another rebuilt. He also has parts for a Ki-61 and a Betty bomber according to magazine articles I have read.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I saw one at Duxford last year. It was little more than a rusted frame, it's going to take a LOT of work to rebuild it...

Reply to
Harro de Jong

After playing with the parts for a few months, I like the Tamiya

1/32 A6M5c kit the best. Waiting to finish a 1/32 109, and 190 and then I can start the Zero :)

Azzz1588

So, they did issue one with working lights (and sound!) Tempting, but I think I've got enough plastic...

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Paul Allen probably owns one. THAT Paul Allen. He's got the only flyable Ki-43, among other things, up in Seattle.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

To get back to the original question here. I would say, you will not be disappointed with the Zeros from Hasegawa in

1/48 scale.

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

You mean like you like to dress up in an ape suit and play with the Matchbox P-12s? Kim M :+)

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Heh...I scored the one without working lights and sound for $40 on a sale from Model Expo a while back. As investments go, looking more and more like a shrewd move...

Reply to
Rufus

Who needs a suit? ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I'd like to see that! Does it do any show circuits or just home base? tia

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

While we're at it, what about "kraut", "wop" and "yank" planes?

Reply to
Mike (ODO)

They didn't make Zeros, the topic of the thread?

WinBear

Reply to
WinBear (Bob Horton)

Hasegawa, probably. Kim M :+)

Reply to
Royabulgaf

I was wondering when some politically over-sensitive, probably from the people's republic of California, sissy-assed liberal, who was probably raised by his mother and his granny without any possible male influence other than a possible fairy uncle, would respond to my post in this manner.

You win the prize. :-)

Reply to
West Coast Engineering