Triumph GT6 +

Hi,

Any scale, any media. I'm looking for a model of the 1968-1970 Triumph GT6 + sports car. Was one ever done?

Jim Klein

Reply to
jim klein

Lindberg did one. Dunno specifics. Google and ebay didn't bring up any pics. Probably been discussed at

Tom

Reply to
Tom H

The owner's club has a website with IIRC an online shop. Run a search for "The Sports Six Club". The club caters for Herald,Vitesse,Spitfire, GT6, Bond and related kit cars (plus the Amphicar which had a Triumph engine.) HTH

Reply to
Les Pickstock

The Lindberg kit is ancient, but not too bad. Multi-piece body, opening hood, engine and chassis detail. I believe that the windshield opening is rather too small, but that's easily fixed. In my copy, the instruction sheet skipped some steps, so I had to dope out the rear suspension myself. I believe that it's from old Pyro tooling.

Steve H

Tom H wrote:

Reply to
snh9728

Thanks for the great replies. I will look for the plastic kit and the club reference yielded some nice metal GT6s in built up and kit form.

I just bought a 1970 GT6+ (Mk II) and I thought that even though it still looks like it has been at the bottom of the Atlantic for 10 years, I could buy some toy cars and fantasize while the restoration is in progress.:-)

Never too old to play with toys with wheels. :-)

Jim Klein

Reply to
West Coast Engineering

I can confirm that Pyro did one as I have the model and had the car. Or the car had me. I still have one wirewheel and the Triumph badge. It was Jasmine Yellow. The car not the model.

Reply to
Jarold Young

Its Lucas it was absolutely 'orrid'. Wrapped their wiring harnesses in cloth...or the Daily News or the Sun...I could put up with them bleed'n...it was the way of the beast.. but when your lights go out in the middle of a tight turn on unfamilair road it really makes you wonder if this is the way the Brits keep their motorcycle community to a managable level or its their way of making ' the sport' really exciting...or maybe it has something to do with lend/lease? The beat goes on.. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

no problems with a boyer and a real set of wires.

wussy boys - RealMen (tm) don't need no lights... :-)

RobG

Mike Keown wrote

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

I used to have one. It was a blast to drive. I also would love to find a plastic kit.

Reply to
Ted

Pyro made one in 1/24 scale, later reissued by Lindberg.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Thanks. Do you know how long ago that was? Or how hard they are to find

Reply to
Ted

It's probably been around 20 years since the last Lindberg issue but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them release it again.

They show up on eBay fairly regularly.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Reply to
Ted

There's an original Pyro issue up on eBay right now:

Al Superczynski

I have a friend in Britain who is massaging styrene right now, in preparation for releasing specialized kits of the GT6 and other Spitfire models -- maybe even all of them.

Will announce it here if it happens, or on GPMA.

Reply to
Charles Fox

I saw that and have it on my watch list. I have never heard of that company. Are their kits a good quality?

Ted

Pyro's car kits varied wildly in quality. Their 1/32 scale classic and antique cars were exquisite but their other 1/32 scale kits weren't quite as good. Most of their 1/25 scale kits left something to be desired but the Triumph was fairly decent. ISTR some kind of problem with the side windows and it had a multipiece body but overall it wasn't too bad an effort.

Reply to
Al Superczynski