Best Jap Zero

Yep, you got me pegged. Asshole.

Reply to
Mike (ODO)

Best Kraut planes--Messerschmitt, hands down (I'm 95% German, I can get away with it!) Best WOP planes--Macchi (WOP simply means WithOut Passport, as stamped on a great many immigration papers, predominantly Italian, at the turn of the 20th century). Best Yank planes--Hmm, tough call, Grumman or North American (I'm American born, so if the Brits or Aussies call me a Yank, ok fine, I can live with it, as long as I can call them Brits and Aussies)

Now that I've offended and defended, can we get back to modeling? To hell with all the PC SBS. Thank you

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

And while we're at it, to hell with terminology that denigrates whole populations of people. It isn't just a matter of being "PC". It's a matter of keeping this international and public forum a friendly place for all modellers.

Thank YOU.

Reply to
Mike (ODO)

Ah, yes. Those siss-assed California liberals such as John Wayne, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon, Arnold Schwartzeneger, etc. :-)

Gotta love convenient hatred of the generations of an entire state.

In the mean time Hasegawa is, most likely, the answer you seek.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Is that the one that has been covered rivet by rivet in the flying magazines, or is that the scratch built one?

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Gee, didn't see that coming. But it was an intelligently expressed rebuttal. Bravo to you, sir.

Nevertheless, please refer up a few entries and read where I mentioned something about creating a "friendly" forum for all modellers. You might not have seen that.

Have a good day.

Reply to
Mike (ODO)

I never knew about this term until a few years ago and was sorta online dating this chick from Seattle, i knew her father was a Jap but the conversation went along the lines of my games console doesnt play JAP imports, when she went mad, really really crazy, i had never heard of that Jewish thing before at all, JAP is used all the time here, infact the biggest Jap car show each year is called JAP. Some of my best friends are Jews, some nice looking women.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

yes we have to be nice to the fuzziewuzzies and the split links too.

Lots of krauts here, im a limey, doesnt bother me at all.

How about the tool makers Bosch?

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

a "friendly" forum for all modellers. You might

You might want to realize tht one persons idea of a friendly forum might just be very different from yours. Who is to say which one is correct, or more approiate here ?

You do come off here as expousing a politically correct aggenda here, one that is despised, and revolted by many...................

"Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will"

Reply to
AM

As a point of some interest, in US model magazines dealing with stick and tissue models, they say "Japanese Tissue". In Flying Scale Models from the UK, they say "JAP tissue" and it is OK.

Oh, my ethnic background is:

German (Kraut) Polish (Pollock) Swiss (?-maybe banker :-)) Irish (Mick)

and I'm proud of all of them.

I love this news group. Thanks for all the excellent responses wrt models. I think I'll try a Hasegawa Jap Zero next. The 1:1 model won't quite fit in my parking place and besides, they only look cool when blowing up in a gasoline fireball over the Pacific in the gun camera of an F6F.

Jim Klein

Reply to
West Coast Engineering

with out papers. passposrts were mostly unknown at ellis isle. kirker, which turned into a terrible word for jewish folks just meant circle, because many couldn't write and made a circle.

Now why would I do that? I've been here for quite a few years and friendly this place can be but often isn't to dimwits and those who espouse PC politics. In short, this place is a sankepit with some nice corners......check the PC, liberal BS at the door.

Reply to
Ron

A point that seems to have eluded him......

Reply to
Ron

So, only right wing blowhards can post here?

Try again. Last time I looked this country (and this newsgroup) was a democratic republic, not a fascist dictatorship.

You have come up with some lae stuff in the past, but your post this time was just plain stupid.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

"Mike \(ODO\)" wrote in news:QiOTc.23124$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Being half kraut and half wop I find it all quite amusing. You forgot Dago and guinea. The terms are historically accurate and in context.

Don't get your panties in a a bunch. Last time we had this coinversation some mental patient raved at me for three weeks including nasty emails.

Have a beer and build a model. If you have time enough to be offended at such trivia you aren't busy enough.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

"JULIAN HALES" wrote in news:kh1Uc.174817$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

When I lived on Long Island this swarthy Italian looking young man had quite a time with those princesses. Seems thier boys were to busy stdying to become lawyers, doctors and accountants so the ladies needed some comfort and amusement until after the boys graduated and became eligible targets.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

yes the Jew chicks were all over me when i moved to Golders Green, only non Jew........most guys were ok (not sexually!!!!!) but the girls thought i was something differant, prolly have a few kids running around N London now aged about 13.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Boy! Did this one ever get OT in a hurry!

Bill Shuey :-)

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I shall. Don't you just love how some people consider works and ideas to be a solid as rocks and bottles. I should have signed my post, Archie Bunker.

Reply to
West Coast Engineering