Best online hobby shop question??

In your humble opinion who has the best prices and shipping on plastic model Warbirds?? Thanks guys.....

Reply to
treadhead

I've been using towerhobbies.com for years now.......just to check them out, try this code 010RH to get $10 off a $50 purchase.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

I prefer Rollmodels, although the shipping usually runs 2-3 weeks. Also Towerhobbies and Hannants.

Reply to
eyeball

I am in the San Francisco area. If Towerhobbies has the kit in their Reno warehouse, I have often rcvd the kit the next day. pretty amazing.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Depends on which country you live in, I guess.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather

Hi, I am in the USA>>>>

Reply to
treadhead

yep, I guess that if you are not 4 hours from Reno, then who knows when you will get the stuff.....but if you are like most of us, it ain't gonna get built anyway..... :-(

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Tower hobbies usually takes 3 or 4 days to reach me on the east coast. And I do finish it. It just might take a year. Or two...

Reply to
eyeball

I've had pretty good luck with Squadron (altho their prices may not be the best). I've heard a lot of really good chatter about Sprue Brothers, too.

Roll Models:

Sprue Brothers:
Squadron:
Hannants (UK):
Hannants has a really good search function with pics. So, if you're looking for something in particular, but want to get a look before buying (even on another site) it's worth looking at. It's especially good for those European items that aren't too common here in the US.

If you're looking for decals, I don't think you can beat Flightdecs out of Canada. Lots of foreign decals generally unavailable here in the states.

IMHO, it really helps to have a broadband connection to get the best use of these sites, I'm on dialup right now, so it can be a real chore to do a search or even do online ordering.

Reply to
Don McIntyre